á month without a cigarette

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 11:32 AM
RE: á month without a cigarette
(20-10-2016 08:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 08:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  I've cut way down, but I'm still smoking. Alcohol was a breeze compared to cigarettes. Weeping

People get addicted to cigs on different levels, that's why there is no one method that helps to quit. My doc says one of his patients kicked Heroin but cannot kick cigs.

There's one sure-fire way to quit smoking - that I absolutely guarantee.....

Step off a high building....

(no parachute allowed, smartass)..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
20-10-2016, 11:49 AM
(20-10-2016 11:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 08:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  People get addicted to cigs on different levels, that's why there is no one method that helps to quit. My doc says one of his patients kicked Heroin but cannot kick cigs.

There's one sure-fire way to quit smoking - that I absolutely guarantee.....

Step off a high building....

(no parachute allowed, smartass)..

Didn't work for him.

[Image: giphy.gif]
20-10-2016, 01:00 PM
(20-10-2016 10:00 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 03:23 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  So you haven't cleared the psychological hurtle of realizing that butts are just a drag? Ashes, tobacco stink, expense, fire hazard, social awkwardness, yeah, what's not to live.

This is starting to sound like an after school special.

Social awkwardness? Whatever, dude. I look cool smoking. You must not have been doing it right.

The last time I smoked they put me out before I got too burned. That was awkward.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
20-10-2016, 01:45 PM
(17-10-2016 12:54 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Today marks a month without tobacco for me.

Sorry if I've been an asshole this past month. Sad

Congratulations and good luck. I consider quitting seven years ago the greatest achievement in my life.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
20-10-2016, 02:05 PM
(20-10-2016 01:00 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 10:00 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  This is starting to sound like an after school special.

Social awkwardness? Whatever, dude. I look cool smoking. You must not have been doing it right.

The last time I smoked they put me out before I got too burned. That was awkward.

If God wanted man to smoke, He would have set him on fire.

I quit smoking a little over 13 years ago, and have never regretted it. It was hard, but not nearly as hard as I had feared.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
27-01-2017, 01:28 AM
I just passed the two week point. IBe quit and relapsed at least ten times, the longest quit lasting about 18 months. And then I gotvupset over something and blew it. Right back in the hole.

I do miss the sensation and the "high." Hard to explain to people. But yeah, it stinks and is nasty and expensive. And I don't care to spend the end of my life gasping for breath if I can help it.
[+] 4 users Like jjohns28's post
27-01-2017, 05:22 AM
(17-10-2016 12:54 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Today marks a month without tobacco for me.

Sorry if I've been an asshole this past month. Sad

I need to quit myself but I've got zero will power.
27-01-2017, 05:59 AM
Quit in '88. Never smoked again. When tempted I just told myself that I would have to go through all that AGAIN! Wasn't going to happen.

Today I have emphysema. If I had kept on smoking I'd have been dead before I was sixty. Better this way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
27-01-2017, 12:53 PM
(27-01-2017 01:28 AM)jjohns28 Wrote:  I just passed the two week point. IBe quit and relapsed at least ten times, the longest quit lasting about 18 months. And then I gotvupset over something and blew it. Right back in the hole.

I do miss the sensation and the "high." Hard to explain to people. But yeah, it stinks and is nasty and expensive. And I don't care to spend the end of my life gasping for breath if I can help it.

welcome, new person and good for giving it another go Smile
My parents never did quit, and their latter years were pretty horrible because of it. I have seen the results too up close and personal.
27-01-2017, 01:02 PM
that's awesome!! good for you!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]