Против фильма Матильда выступил Липецкий митрополит Никон

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 09:16 AM
RE: Против фильма Матильда выступил Липецкий митрополит Никон
I have seen this film and I don't get what could be blasphemous about it unless it's because the girl has psychokinetic powers. Otherwise, it has zero to do with anything even remotely religious. There is also a certain amount of disrespecting parents and the school principal, but they clearly deserve no respect - mean, selfish people.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Looks like a big steaming pile of spammy proselytizing.
03-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Facepalm

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
03-10-2017, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2017 11:33 AM by Full Circle.)
reconsidered

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Не имеет ли Русской Православной Церкви ничего лучше, чем получить свои трусики в клочке над фильмом?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-10-2017, 10:58 AM
(03-10-2017 07:46 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 06:43 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  I find this mix of religious outrage and the fixation with the film Matilda strange/fascinating.

Wasn't this film released in 1996? Why are the Russian Orthodox just learning of it now?

Yes. And it's so random.
Of all the things to piss them off.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
03-10-2017, 12:16 PM
"A film about Russia’s last tsar has had its first screening amid heavy security after attacks on a cinema and a film studio by religious extremists determined to prevent its release.

Matilda, directed by the Russian film-maker Alexei Uchitel, tells the true story of a romance between the future Nicholas II and Mathilde Kschessinska, a teenage prima ballerina at the Mariinsky theatre in St Petersburg.

Nicholas II, who was executed along with his family by Communist revolutionaries in 1918, was canonised by the Russian Orthodox church in 2000. Some Russian Orthodox Christians claim the film, which was funded by the culture ministry, is blasphemous because it portrays the 'holy tsar' in love scenes. Christian State-Holy Rus, a radical Russian Orthodox movement, warned in February that 'cinemas will burn' if Matilda was screened."

The Guardian 12 Sep 2017.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
03-10-2017, 01:09 PM
(03-10-2017 12:16 PM)SYZ Wrote:  "A film about Russia’s last tsar has had its first screening amid heavy security after attacks on a cinema and a film studio by religious extremists determined to prevent its release.

Matilda, directed by the Russian film-maker Alexei Uchitel, tells the true story of a romance between the future Nicholas II and Mathilde Kschessinska, a teenage prima ballerina at the Mariinsky theatre in St Petersburg.

Nicholas II, who was executed along with his family by Communist revolutionaries in 1918, was canonised by the Russian Orthodox church in 2000. Some Russian Orthodox Christians claim the film, which was funded by the culture ministry, is blasphemous because it portrays the 'holy tsar' in love scenes. Christian State-Holy Rus, a radical Russian Orthodox movement, warned in February that 'cinemas will burn' if Matilda was screened."

That sucks!
I liked it better when they were pissed at Danny DeVito.
And if they were willing to burn cinemas over it the it would be even weirder.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
03-10-2017, 01:20 PM
(03-10-2017 12:16 PM)SYZ Wrote:  "A film about Russia’s last tsar has had its first screening amid heavy security after attacks on a cinema and a film studio by religious extremists determined to prevent its release.

PBS did piece on this film. I'd love to see it. But I don't understand why Nicholas was canonised by the Russian church. Did he perform some amazing miracle?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-10-2017, 01:37 PM
(03-10-2017 01:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

PBS did piece on this film. I'd love to see it. But I don't understand why Nicholas was canonised by the Russian church. Did he perform some amazing miracle?

Tsar and his family were canonized as so called new martyrs, that is people killed under heretical rulers.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.