‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un,’ evangelical adviser says

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2017, 08:03 AM
‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un,’ evangelical adviser says
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts...86956432be

Quote: Texas megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress, one of President Trump’s evangelical advisers who preached the morning of his inauguration, has released a statement saying the president has the moral authority to take out North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“When it comes to how we should deal with evil doers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil,” Jeffress said. “In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.”

Yeah, the founders were totally for the concept of "divine right". Oh wait, no they weren't. That's why they advocated a system of checks and balances. That's why they advocated separation of church/state.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
09-08-2017, 08:06 AM
RE: ‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un,’ evangelical adviser says
(09-08-2017 08:03 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
Quote: Texas megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress, one of President Trump’s evangelical advisers who preached the morning of his inauguration, has released a statement saying the president has the moral authority to take out North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Yeah, the founders were totally for the concept of "divine right". Oh wait, no they weren't. That's why they advocated a system of checks and balances. That's why they advocated separation of church/state.

Religious demagogues are so predictable.

Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
09-08-2017, 08:10 AM
RE: ‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un,’ evangelical adviser says
'tis a good thing this isn't 600 years ago. The Chump would do it, based on Papal urging.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
09-08-2017, 08:10 AM
"Divine Right of Pricks" lacks a certain je ne sais quoi...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-08-2017, 08:12 AM
Religious leaders need to stick with their religions and just shut up about what else going on in the world that they know little about. Has this moron even thought about the consequences that would come from what he is suggesting? Obviously not. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
09-08-2017, 08:22 AM
God finally got to the bottom of his To-Do list?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
09-08-2017, 08:24 AM
I am starting to think that when they mention God, they are not using the standard meaning. They are all well educated, I don't think they really believe what they claim to believe. Maybe "god" is the code name for a supercomputer they are taking orders from.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
09-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Yes because we all know how consistent god was in the bible about justice.
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
09-08-2017, 08:33 AM
What a crazy fuck...

I'm sure he was just shouting from the rooftops about how Obama had the moral authority to do the same thing back when he was POTUS, right? Rolleyes

No, of course not, because Obama wasn't moved by this pissing contest bullshit, whereas everyone knows Trump is so arrogant and prideful that he has to always have the last and loudest word so he's more likely to try to take action based on this saber-rattling shit.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
09-08-2017, 08:59 AM
This reminds me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, god has appointed him King Donald and all that.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post