“I can’t breathe”

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2014, 09:46 PM
RE: “I can’t breathe”
(05-12-2014 08:58 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Can I, as an negro myself, throw in my two cents?

You see the problem is not so much cops, but the media. Think about it this way. Who here heard about the negro cop who killed the white man? Who here heard about the white girl who was killed and chopped up by some negros her self? Probably not. Why? Because the media knows that when a white man attacks a black man, especially if it is a white cop, then it will get hype. What is worst is that we are the only ethnicity to do so. The reason? The past. Over the years, negro history has been nothing but struggles, mostly by white people. Because this pain still lingers and many parents (including my own) teach that white people are out to make sure the negro does not succeed, they are ingrained that white people are out to get them. It has grown to the point there is literally a religion based on it.

Like FC said being a cop is a hard job with americans armed to the tooth with weapons, some being enough to take out a bunch of cops. These riots won't fix anything. Was a cop strangling a person to death a bad thing, yes. Is it any worst because it was a white man doing it to a black man? No. I don't care if it was a black cop and a white man, white man to an asian man, asian to a black man, they are all equally as bad. This race thing needs to stop period. These riots are not bringing us together but splitting us apart. I would not be surprised if another group like the black panthers showed up. This whole riots because a black man was killed by a white cop needs to stop, as it benefits nobody, and never will benefit anybody.

Fuck that "everybody is contributing to the problem" golden mean horseshit.

Black people in America have a higher conviction rate for the same crimes across all socio-economic bands. (It's a powerpoint presentation. I'm lazy. Sue me.) They have a significantly higher death rate during arrest, in custody and after trail.

And those figures for the justifiable homicides in the course of duty. Not the unjustified ones because that information hasn't been aggregated.

There is a genuine, systemic problem here. This is not just about how the media disseminates information about these events and it isn't one example that has sparked these events.

(05-12-2014 09:14 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I will say it like this, america might have the most corrupt government of any first world country(keep in mind I said might). We live in a country where it is money>people instead of money<people. It is said yes, but I can't do anything about it.

And no. It's not due to black people being disproportionately poorer either. (Though I doubt that helps.) The death rate remains higher across all income levels.

Also: Can you please give me a link or something for the examples you cited? I think I'll be able to tell you what the difference is.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 09:59 PM
(05-12-2014 08:58 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Can I, as an negro myself, throw in my two cents? ... This race thing needs to stop period. ...

50 years later, it's deja vu all over again.

"America preaches integration and practices segregation." - Malcolm

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-12-2014, 10:00 PM
(05-12-2014 09:46 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Fuck that "everybody is contributing to the problem" golden mean horseshit.

Black people in America have a higher conviction rate for the same crimes across all socio-economic bands. (It's a powerpoint presentation. I'm lazy. Sue me.) They have a significantly higher death rate during arrest, in custody and after trail.

And those figures for the justifiable homicides in the course of duty. Not the unjustified ones because that information hasn't been aggregated.

There is a genuine, systemic problem here. This is not just about how the media disseminates information about these events and it isn't one example that has sparked these events.

I will give you that one.

And
(05-12-2014 09:46 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  no. It's not due to black people being disproportionately poorer either. (Though I doubt that helps.) The death rate remains higher across all income levels.

Also: Can you please give me a link or something for the examples you cited? I think I'll be able to tell you what the difference is.

This was not to do with race, this is period. America will treat anyone like dirt if they are poor, look in the south, not many of them are doing great white or black. The government is for money, so much so that they are willing to hurt their citizens in order to get it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Sometimes I wonder if we're fighting endless wars everywhere simply to create, condition, program, and supply a more effective police force at home for some nefarious police-stating. If police officers have a military background aren't they then conditioned to seek and neutralize the enemy, foreign *or domestic*? Aren't they desensitized? Hmm. But then again, I also wonder how christians can say they believe murder is a mortal sin, but have no trouble whatsoever putting country before god and murdering innocents in its name.

~incrédulité~
05-12-2014, 10:30 PM
(05-12-2014 10:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 09:46 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Fuck that "everybody is contributing to the problem" golden mean horseshit.

I will give you that one.

Fuckin' sweet.

(05-12-2014 10:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  And
(05-12-2014 09:46 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  no. It's not due to black people being disproportionately poorer either. (Though I doubt that helps.) The death rate remains higher across all income levels.

This was not to do with race, this is period. America will treat anyone like dirt if they are poor, look in the south, not many of them are doing great white or black. The government is for money, so much so that they are willing to hurt their citizens in order to get it.

I'll cede the point that poverty is the bigger cause that's not important to the point: Race is at least a component of the issue.

It doesn't matter how much you make; if you're white you have better odds of not getting shot in the process of an arrest. (First source I cited above.)

Also: Still wanting the specific examples or interracial violence you mentioned. Please and thank yous.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
05-12-2014, 10:39 PM
(05-12-2014 10:30 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  I'll cede the point that poverty is the bigger cause that's not important to the point: Race is at least a component of the issue.

It doesn't matter how much you make; if you're white you have better odds of not getting shot in the process of an arrest. (First source I cited above.)

Also: Still wanting the specific examples or interracial violence you mentioned. Please and thank yous.

It is ironic, how one day my friends said that japan was so much more racist than america, to the point they believe they chop off the heads of black people. Then when you look, you see this. It is sad that not only does racism happen we don't notice it.

Also here is the story about the black cop who shot the white guy

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014.../?page=all

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-12-2014, 03:58 AM
I thought you jokers had fixed your race problems... seems like you're just like us - sweep 'em under the carpet and hope the next generation figures out a way to make it work Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-12-2014, 04:00 AM
(06-12-2014 03:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  I thought you jokers had fixed your race problems... seems like you're just like us - sweep 'em under the carpet and hope the next generation figures out a way to make it work Undecided

Oh I'm racist all right. I hate my fellow white people, because they fuck up more shit for me than everybody else combined... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-12-2014, 08:08 AM
There is a problem and a disparity. Having blacks on both sides of the issue does not change the numbers. It is not a matter of media outside the right wing media fanning the flames having the other side constantly having to point the problem out.

It should not be a race issue. History repeats itself because the issue is ignored.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2014, 08:47 AM
(05-12-2014 09:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 08:58 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Can I, as an negro myself, throw in my two cents? ... This race thing needs to stop period. ...

50 years later, it's deja vu all over again.

"America preaches integration and practices segregation." - Malcolm

Do you think there is racism evident in this incident?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user