Poll: Are you part of the Youth Bulge (17-29) and...
Employed full time
Employed part time
Unemployed
[Show Results]

“You can’t just say, ‘Hey look, I’ve got a youth bulge, it’s going to be great,’

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2016, 10:43 PM
“You can’t just say, ‘Hey look, I’ve got a youth bulge, it’s going to be great,’
A Youth Bulge...Ohmy

Other than the great double entedre are young people really in such dire straits?

"Youth unemployment is especially striking in richer countries. Across Europe, youth unemployment is 25 percent, not just because of a sluggish economy but because many young Europeans don’t have the skills for the jobs available, from electricians to home health aides; it explains in part the surge of anti-immigrant sentiment on the Continent. In the United States, nearly 17 percent of those between the ages of 16 and 29 are neither in school nor working.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/06/sunday....html?_r=1

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2016, 01:38 AM
RE: “You can’t just say, ‘Hey look, I’ve got a youth bulge, it’s going to be great,’
In Poland at least they are as unemployment is as high as 20.40%. In addition wages in relation to living costs are shitty, Poland is no cheap country to live in for a Pole, foreigners thanks to exchange rate may have different opinion. Then we have pseudo feudal work relations where boss thinks that working for him is a privilege so minimal pay is enough to dirty peasant. I guess that is result of not having left wing party and country being drowned in neoliberal propaganda.

In short youth in Poland is fucked especially when one see that gov has no plan for economy; nationalist chest beating seems to be it's only activity.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
08-03-2016, 02:13 AM
RE: “You can’t just say, ‘Hey look, I’ve got a youth bulge, it’s going to be great,’
I was fortunate enough to find a full-time job that started the very same day I dropped out of university so I've never officially been unemployed. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
08-03-2016, 05:10 AM
(08-03-2016 01:38 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  In Poland at least they are as unemployment is as high as 20.40%. In addition wages in relation to living costs are shitty, Poland is no cheap country to live in for a Pole, foreigners thanks to exchange rate may have different opinion. Then we have pseudo feudal work relations where boss thinks that working for him is a privilege so minimal pay is enough to dirty peasant. I guess that is result of not having left wing party and country being drowned in neoliberal propaganda.

In short youth in Poland is fucked especially when one see that gov has no plan for economy; nationalist chest beating seems to be it's only activity.

And so, they all come to us (Norway)

jk

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
08-03-2016, 05:28 AM
*German youth unemployment is 5,5,% on average, so keeps his mouth shut* Blush
08-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Dire straits? No, they are quite possibly parasite children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasite_single

Though I would think that definition should include men on an equal basis.
08-03-2016, 09:31 AM
I worked part time when I was in college (US) then held a half-dozen full-time jobs or more in related fields (architecture, construction, surveying) until I went out on my own when I was 35.

I applied for unemployment once for about six weeks. It was very humbling asking for money with a college degree but it was either that or living out of my car.

Looking back I have to admit that the stabilizing force in my life was my wife and her career. She was hired out of college by a large multinational company and remained with them until she retired 23 years later. This allowed me to make the leap and start my own small construction company.

Having a steady paycheck from one of the spouses was key to our financial success.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-03-2016, 09:34 AM
(08-03-2016 09:28 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Dire straits? No, they are quite possibly parasite children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasite_single

Though I would think that definition should include men on an equal basis.

How interesting, I had never heard of the term or the stigma the Japanese place on them.

08-03-2016, 09:44 AM
Sadly I am no longer youth nor employeed.
08-03-2016, 09:50 AM
(08-03-2016 09:44 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Sadly I am no longer youth nor employeed.

I can understand why the former but not the latter Huh