*&^%%$#@!$^^&&*^!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 09:08 AM
RE: *&^%%$#@!$^^&&*^!
Well Go back to bed, it is Sunday, or were you getting ready to go to church?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2015, 09:48 AM
(13-12-2015 08:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 07:58 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Yup, building code pretty much everywhere in North America now requires fire detection be hard wired. It can be a pain in the ass, but really it's worth it.

Hope you get some sleep!

Too late, it's 6:30 am now. Been up since 2 am. Tongue

Do you have any natural gas or propane appliances, including heat or hot water??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Dom, to be on the safe side do what onlinebiker is saying, check for CO levels. Go to Target or Walmart and for <$15 pick one of these up

http://www.target.com/p/first-alert-batt...lsrc=aw.ds

[Image: 11134898?wid=480&amp;hei=480]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
13-12-2015, 11:12 AM
You may have built before CO detectors were mandated. In the US, all dwellings are required to have CO as well as smoke detectors, I believe as of June 2014. In dwellings where the wiring does not exist, we are not required to retrofit hard wiring to the detectors.

As for onlinebiker's concern, a slow smoldering electrical fire will also produce CO.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
13-12-2015, 11:37 AM
I have everything electric, no gas anywhere except for a gas grill in the outdoor kitchen.

I would have to rent a huge eyesore of a gas tank and get it refilled regularly if I wanted gas. I built the house on electricity because of that, and because I am planning to slowly convert to solar.

The only CO in my house is my dog's farts. And mine. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-12-2015, 11:40 AM
(13-12-2015 09:08 AM)DerFish Wrote:  Well Go back to bed, it is Sunday, or were you getting ready to go to church?

I like to go to buy groceries when everyone is in church. I time it so that I check out half an hour or less before church lets out - that way all the checkout stations are open but there are no customers yet.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-12-2015, 03:33 PM
(13-12-2015 11:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  I have everything electric, no gas anywhere except for a gas grill in the outdoor kitchen.

I would have to rent a huge eyesore of a gas tank and get it refilled regularly if I wanted gas. I built the house on electricity because of that, and because I am planning to slowly convert to solar.

You should be fine then... It's just that most people don't think about CO -- it's colorless and odorless -- and will kill you just as dead as shit.....

It did, a guy I went to school with.... Middle of the summer -- his gas water heater malfunctioned -- living in a trailer -- and he had it as airtight as he could get it -- with the air conditioning set on recirculate...........

His ex was lucky she'd moved out two months before.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-12-2015, 04:30 PM
(13-12-2015 03:33 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 11:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  I have everything electric, no gas anywhere except for a gas grill in the outdoor kitchen.

You should be fine then... It's just that most people don't think about CO -- it's colorless and odorless -- and will kill you just as dead as shit.....

It did, a guy I went to school with.... Middle of the summer -- his gas water heater malfunctioned -- living in a trailer -- and he had it as airtight as he could get it -- with the air conditioning set on recirculate...........

His ex was lucky she'd moved out two months before.....

I heard some place that wood stoves can be a source also.

13-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Farts are methane, not CO. You can light farts on fire. CO would put out the flame. Smartass
13-12-2015, 06:37 PM
I sympathize with you Dom, ours goes off when the oven is set higher than 350. Yes, they're all connected, so one goes off moments later, the rest follow.

I think the speaker in the downstairs one tho stopped working. Smile it makes a sickly sound.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces