*&^%%$#@!$^^&&*^!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2015, 09:39 AM
RE: *&^%%$#@!$^^&&*^!
(13-12-2015 11:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  I have everything electric, no gas anywhere except for a gas grill in the outdoor kitchen.

I would have to rent a huge eyesore of a gas tank and get it refilled regularly if I wanted gas. I built the house on electricity because of that, and because I am planning to slowly convert to solar.

The only CO in my house is my dog's farts. And mine. Tongue

My propane tank is underground. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2015, 10:34 AM
(14-12-2015 09:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 11:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  I have everything electric, no gas anywhere except for a gas grill in the outdoor kitchen.

I would have to rent a huge eyesore of a gas tank and get it refilled regularly if I wanted gas. I built the house on electricity because of that, and because I am planning to slowly convert to solar.

The only CO in my house is my dog's farts. And mine. Tongue

My propane tank is underground. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Neat!! I didn't know that was an option.....

We just forced our supplier to bring out a new tank -- as the main shutoff valve has begun leaking (2 years ago... Smile ) The old one was rusty, and starting to look more like a derelict double dong dildo than a propane tank......

At least the new one is clean and shiny...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
14-12-2015, 10:58 AM
I'm going solar. Yes, I like the increased temperature control a gas range offers, but I don't like cleaning them, and I have the gas grill which works great for me. Cooking is about the only thing that makes gas desirable to me...

I can go solar and instead of paying the electric company I get checks from them. I've been on a mission to simplify my life, and this is part of that. Solar is in the planning stages - looks like I have enough surfaces available to mount way more panels than I need without compromising the beauty of my surroundings. So, that's a good start.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-12-2015, 11:14 AM
(14-12-2015 10:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  I'm going solar. Yes, I like the increased temperature control a gas range offers, but I don't like cleaning them, and I have the gas grill which works great for me. Cooking is about the only thing that makes gas desirable to me...

I can go solar and instead of paying the electric company I get checks from them. I've been on a mission to simplify my life, and this is part of that. Solar is in the planning stages - looks like I have enough surfaces available to mount way more panels than I need without compromising the beauty of my surroundings. So, that's a good start.

So have you calculated it out? How many years of $1.29 checks from the local utility will it take to pay back the thousands spent on the solar installation?
14-12-2015, 11:27 AM
(14-12-2015 11:14 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 10:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  I'm going solar. Yes, I like the increased temperature control a gas range offers, but I don't like cleaning them, and I have the gas grill which works great for me. Cooking is about the only thing that makes gas desirable to me...

So have you calculated it out? How many years of $1.29 checks from the local utility will it take to pay back the thousands spent on the solar installation?

It's not about that anymore, I am not investing anymore. At my age I am spending the return on my investments on things that will either simplify or enhance the rest of my life. This has the added effect of making me independent of the Electric company, which suffers from frequent black outs all winter. I'm willing to pay for that independence.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
14-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Out here in California, some utilities are getting exemptions on that payback, and the new installations that are "free" are being counted as income by the IRS. You might want to check into what shenanigans your electric utility is pulling before you spend the money. If you have a backup storage system and can cut the umbilical cord from the electric utility, that may be your best option.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
14-12-2015, 10:03 PM
I gotten a few of those before in the middle of the night. They suck lol.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
14-12-2015, 11:04 PM
[Image: qbert-artwork.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-12-2015, 02:50 AM
Better explain that to the youngn's ----- they probably never played Qbert.....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post