0% Icelanders under 25yrs believe universe created by God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2016, 12:08 PM
0% Icelanders under 25yrs believe universe created by God
"Iceland seems to be on its way to becoming an even more secular nation, according to a new poll. Less than half of Icelanders claim they are religious and more than 40% of young Icelanders identify as atheist. Remarkably the poll failed to find young Icelanders who accept the creation story of the Bible. 93.9% of Icelanders younger than 25 believed the world was created in the big bang, 6.1% either had no opinion or thought it had come into existence through some other means and 0.0% believed it had been created by God."

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/00-ic...ll-reveals

I'm thinking I need to visit here. Shy

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Heatheness's post
14-01-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: 0% Icelanders under 25yrs believe universe created by God
Yeah. But did they do a study on how many believe in faries, or elves? I recall an old poll saying that 50% or more of Icelanders believe in Elves. It was eater there or Greenland that canceled a road because they didn't want to take the forest away from the faeries.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international...es/280783/

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
14-01-2016, 01:02 PM
(14-01-2016 12:46 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Yeah. But did they do a study on how many believe in faries, or elves? I recall an old poll saying that 50% or more of Icelanders believe in Elves. It was eater there or Greenland that canceled a road because they didn't want to take the forest away from the faeries.

When you hear their legends of elves and what they believe.. you will too. I need to find some videos.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
14-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Time to move to iceland. Lol
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
14-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Iceland will be at the head of new Internationale Wink One almost can say that spectre of atheism looms over Europe.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
14-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Yeah I think I might look into moving there as well. All geothermal heat, right?

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
14-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Whatever you do don't tell any of the current crop of republican presidential candidates. If any of them manage to get elected they'd probably bomb the place into oblivion if they knew, and we'd never be able to get any decent súrsaðir hrútspungar.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
14-01-2016, 01:29 PM
(14-01-2016 12:08 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  "Iceland seems to be on its way to becoming an even more secular nation, according to a new poll. Less than half of Icelanders claim they are religious and more than 40% of young Icelanders identify as atheist. Remarkably the poll failed to find young Icelanders who accept the creation story of the Bible. 93.9% of Icelanders younger than 25 believed the world was created in the big bang, 6.1% either had no opinion or thought it had come into existence through some other means and 0.0% believed it had been created by God."

Iceland does have some interesting architecture.

[Image: 1295920480415463.jpeg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
14-01-2016, 02:19 PM
(14-01-2016 01:29 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 12:08 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  "Iceland seems to be on its way to becoming an even more secular nation, according to a new poll. Less than half of Icelanders claim they are religious and more than 40% of young Icelanders identify as atheist. Remarkably the poll failed to find young Icelanders who accept the creation story of the Bible. 93.9% of Icelanders younger than 25 believed the world was created in the big bang, 6.1% either had no opinion or thought it had come into existence through some other means and 0.0% believed it had been created by God."

Iceland does have some interesting architecture.

[Image: 1295920480415463.jpeg]

I LOVE that so much! I would so live there.

I love this too. [Image: 744eecf37ad8b58b76ecc3c30d33fa16.jpg]

I actually made plans for an in-ground/hillside home.
I would love to do this when I retire.

[Image: VBkAnF2.jpg?1]

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
14-01-2016, 03:16 PM
(14-01-2016 01:02 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 12:46 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Yeah. But did they do a study on how many believe in faries, or elves? I recall an old poll saying that 50% or more of Icelanders believe in Elves. It was eater there or Greenland that canceled a road because they didn't want to take the forest away from the faeries.

When you hear their legends of elves and what they believe.. you will too. I need to find some videos.

I've been in that mind set before. Hobo

I got into the deep end of the pool on alien visatation. When I hit bottom Was when a guy told me the moon was a space ship. I realised I went to far.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post