RE: 0% Icelanders under 25yrs believe universe created by God
I says, "what a paradise! Shy "

Free Thought says: "Yes! Dodgy A parad ice!"

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
14-01-2016, 04:57 PM
(14-01-2016 12:08 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  "Iceland seems to be on its way to becoming an even more secular nation, according to a new poll. Less than half of Icelanders claim they are religious and more than 40% of young Icelanders identify as atheist. Remarkably the poll failed to find young Icelanders who accept the creation story of the Bible. 93.9% of Icelanders younger than 25 believed the world was created in the big bang, 6.1% either had no opinion or thought it had come into existence through some other means and 0.0% believed it had been created by God."

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/00-ic...ll-reveals

I'm thinking I need to visit here. Shy

But the world was not created in the Big Bang. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-01-2016, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2016 05:22 PM by ClydeLee.)
Oh I'm pretty certain it's these types of elves, and these elves exist in America too.

Perhaps I should of added some bits that gets to the substance describing the elves.. so that's this:

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-01-2016, 05:14 PM
(14-01-2016 04:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 12:08 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  "Iceland seems to be on its way to becoming an even more secular nation, according to a new poll. Less than half of Icelanders claim they are religious and more than 40% of young Icelanders identify as atheist. Remarkably the poll failed to find young Icelanders who accept the creation story of the Bible. 93.9% of Icelanders younger than 25 believed the world was created in the big bang, 6.1% either had no opinion or thought it had come into existence through some other means and 0.0% believed it had been created by God."

But the world was not created in the Big Bang. Facepalm

Maybe it was lost in translation. I would guess they meant that is was created "because" of the big bang.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
14-01-2016, 05:15 PM
(14-01-2016 03:16 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 01:02 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  When you hear their legends of elves and what they believe.. you will too. I need to find some videos.

I've been in that mind set before. Hobo

I got into the deep end of the pool on alien visatation. When I hit bottom Was when a guy told me the moon was a space ship. I realised I went to far.

Holy shit, what the fuck did I just watch!? Hobo

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
14-01-2016, 07:34 PM

So someplace on earth is making progress!
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
14-01-2016, 07:47 PM
(14-01-2016 07:34 PM)DerFish Wrote:  

So someplace on earth is making progress!

If America attacks Iceland, at least the houses are already camouflaged. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-01-2016, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2016 09:02 PM by Res Publica.)
I love the Icelandic language, it's so pure. It's also one of the only Germanic languages to preserve /ð/ and /θ/ (English being the only other AFAIK). It is also the only modern language in the world to use the character <þ> (or thorn).

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
15-01-2016, 10:57 AM
I have a friend from Iceland who is 63 and he has never believed in god :L

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.