Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: 1,000,000
(01-06-2016 05:43 PM)Marozz Wrote:  My money's on GirlyMan.

He'll post a video and tell us he hates us all for not grounding a reference. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
01-06-2016, 05:53 PM
(01-06-2016 05:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 05:43 PM)Marozz Wrote:  My money's on GirlyMan.

He'll post a video and tell us he hates us all for not grounding a reference. Tongue

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
01-06-2016, 06:01 PM
(31-05-2016 08:57 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-05-2016 08:21 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  ... is there a way to know which one it is or will you just tell us?

Forum Stats

[Image: anigif_enhanced-661-1421411482-2.gif]

Thanks!

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
03-06-2016, 07:16 AM
Is there any way of knowing what the very first post/thread ever was by the first member ? (not including some admin posting "test post", or " the forum is up and running now".)

I looked at the member list and it shows the first 2 members as unfinuoulus & VOLPE1211 (who was banned at some point) that apparently joined in 2006, but it shows no posts. Obviously VOLPE1211 must have posted something to get him/her self banned.

Then it shows admin & THE Thinking Atheist with a join date of 2009! How can that be. Is there 3 years of missing history? Confused

A forum reboot of some type?

If the first members joined in 2006, is this the 10th anniversary of the TTA forums?

SOooo many questions. Are there any "first one's" still active? Consider

Anyone have any Forum Lore?

"Temba his arms wide!"

Big Grin

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
03-06-2016, 07:18 AM
(03-06-2016 07:16 AM)unsapien Wrote:  Is there any way of knowing what the very first post/thread ever was by the first member ? (not including some admin posting "test post", or " the forum is up and running now".)

I looked at the member list and it shows the first 2 members as unfinuoulus & VOLPE1211 (who was banned at some point) that apparently joined in 2006, but it shows no posts. Obviously VOLPE1211 must have posted something to get him/her self banned.

Then it shows admin & THE Thinking Atheist with a join date of 2009! How can that be. Is there 3 years of missing history? Confused

If the first members joined in 2006, is this the 10th anniversary of the TTA forums?

"Temba his arms wide!"

Big Grin

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
03-06-2016, 08:46 AM
(03-06-2016 07:16 AM)unsapien Wrote:  Is there any way of knowing what the very first post/thread ever was by the first member ? (not including some admin posting "test post", or " the forum is up and running now".)

"Temba his arms wide!"

Big Grin

The first members you see are just bots, hence the lack of posts. Seths account "The Thinking Atheist" wasn't created until 2009 because before that he used the "Admin" account for any forum work.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
03-06-2016, 03:19 PM
(03-06-2016 08:46 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The first members you see are just bots, hence the lack of posts. Seths account "The Thinking Atheist" wasn't created until 2009 because before that he used the "Admin" account for any forum work.

So some "form" of the forum did exist between April 2006 and January 2009? Perhaps deleted for reasons like to conserve server space?

Still a "sort of" 10th anniversary for TTA forums? or the website? Unsure

I am feeling a little nostalgic these days, for different things, for different reasons, and since this thread started, I've been going back and trying to read the oldest posts I could find. I was even tempted to necro-post once or twice, but I got a hold of myself.

Unbeliever seems to be the oldest member that is still active. With you being a close 2nd. Noticed any trends over the years? steady changes for the good or bad? A "year of the trolls" perhaps?

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
03-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Millionth post will be by Anjele or the newbie starting a new thread Dodgy

Big Grin

DLJ might monitor it close enough so he can jump in and claim it Yes
Do it! I triple dog dare ya!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
03-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Just had a thought. If one of we theists gets the one millionth post, it might be kind of funny. Quickly, Aliza, Alla, Kingschosen, etc. We must post! Second, though related, thought...Q comes back and makes the millionth post. Third, and related thought, drive by theist who makes like 5 posts and leaves, makes the millionth. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
03-06-2016, 08:54 PM
(03-06-2016 08:50 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just had a thought. If one of we theists gets the one millionth post, it might be kind of funny. Quickly, Aliza, Alla, Kingschosen, etc. We must post! Second, though related, thought...Q comes back and makes the millionth post. Third, and related thought, drive by theist who makes like 5 posts and leaves, makes the millionth. Tongue

That would pretty much be proof of divine intervention.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post