1 in 10 Deaths related to Alcohol, Marijuana still illegal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2014, 06:05 PM
1 in 10 Deaths related to Alcohol, Marijuana still illegal
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-new...ys-n141741

Anyone please defend the drug war. Any of it. 1/10th the working population is killed by alcohol related incidents every year and more by tobacco yet both are legal. Dismantle the DEA!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-06-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: 1 in 10 Deaths related to Alcohol, Marijuana still illegal
Weed is illegal because of money reasons.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
26-06-2014, 06:10 PM
(26-06-2014 06:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-new...ys-n141741

Anyone please defend the drug war. Any of it. 1/10th the working population is killed by alcohol related incidents every year and more by tobacco yet both are legal. Dismantle the DEA!

Not sure about current stats, but 1/2 of hospital admissions used to be related to alcohol consumption.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
26-06-2014, 06:17 PM
It makes almost no sense. The only things backing the drug war at this point is fear and republicans. Not that I would advocate prohibition in its place.
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
26-06-2014, 06:19 PM
I agree Rev, alcohol does so much more damage to our society as a whole than marijuana ever could. The war on drugs is just silly. Dodgy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
26-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Probably just another way to help keep population growth in check Drinking Beverage

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
27-06-2014, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2014 06:51 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
Wut? End the drug war? And lay off all those bumbling DEA employees who do nothing but sit in an office all day, twiddling their thumbs? You mean we won't have the SWAT teams busting down people's doors without warrants just because some folks had a bit of pot on the living room table? Are you suggesting that we solve almost all of our gang problems by making all drugs legal and federally regulated instead of on the streets and in unreliable, criminal hands?

REV YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND! 'MURICA WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS! Angry

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
27-06-2014, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2014 10:51 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(26-06-2014 06:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-new...ys-n141741

I won't get into it as the whole thing just pisses me off (widespread acceptance of becoming a nation of potheads) but statistics can be interesting can't they? More US people die from auto accidents (35K+ last year) every year than guns (32k+ last year), but we aren't trying to make cars illegal....More US people die from auto related accidents in 3 months than in the 13 years of war against terrorism in combat, yet we aren't screaming to stop driving cars. More to the point; Among the most common drug overdose deaths, cocaine and prescription drugs rank higher than heroin, with prescription opioids leading the other two. Only an average of 2,000 people die a year in the US due to heroin overdose...maybe we should make that legal too? Why not, you can articulate under your reasoning that more people die drinking alcohol than heroin. We should just dismantle the DEA and let the USA become a drug user utopia. Perhaps the pilot hits a quick bit of smack, cocaine, heroin or weed before flying you to your destination, no big deal...its just a tiny bit of drug, why should we regulate that? Since weed is becoming legal nationwide, law enforcement has seen an increase of ten times last year's numbers of auto accidents caused by high levels of THC (weed usage)...no big deal man, its just a little weed. Once we have that legal nationwide, why not heroin next? It causes less deaths a year then one week worth of people driving cars. Driving a car isn't illegal...

I make an extreme analogy on purpose to drive the point home. Do I think as a criminal justice major that our prisons need to be over populated because of weed related crimes? no. Do I think we should dismantle the DEA and let America become a haven of drug users? No. Do I like the idea of glamorizing weed? No. O I think in the big scheme of things that weed should be illegal? No. ...Okay, gonna walk quietly away now. I know I know, everyone else feels different, even my wife on this subject, but I don't think legalizing drugs is the answer, and neither is dismantling the DEA. Refocus them on harsher drugs above weed only? sure. The excuse of "the drug war is a failure" doesn't mean you throw in the towel and let them takeover. Just my opinion. Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
27-06-2014, 11:11 AM
(27-06-2014 08:55 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

I won't get into it as the whole thing just pisses me off (widespread acceptance of becoming a nation of potheads) but statistics can be interesting can't they? More US people die from auto accidents (35K+ last year) every year than guns (32k+ last year), but we aren't trying to make cars illegal....More US people die from auto related accidents in 3 months than in the 13 years of war against terrorism in combat, yet we aren't screaming to stop driving cars. More to the point; Among the most common drug overdose deaths, cocaine and prescription drugs rank higher than heroin, with prescription opioids leading the other two. Only an average of 2,000 people die a year in the US due to heroin overdose...maybe we should make that legal too? Why not, you can articulate under your reasoning that more people die drinking alcohol than heroin. We should just dismantle the DEA and let the USA become a drug user utopia. Perhaps the pilot hits a quick bit of smack, cocaine, heroin or weed before flying you to your destination, no big deal...its just a tiny bit of drug, why should we regulate that? Since weed is becoming legal nationwide, law enforcement has seen an increase of ten times last year's numbers of auto accidents caused by high levels of THC (weed usage)...no big deal man, its just a little weed. Once we have that legal nationwide, why not heroin next? It causes less deaths a year then one week worth of people driving cars. Driving a car isn't illegal...

I make an extreme analogy on purpose to drive the point home. Do I think as a criminal justice major that our prisons need to be over populated because of weed related crimes? no. Do I think we should dismantle the DEA and let America become a haven of drug users? No. Do I like the idea of glamorizing weed? No. O I think in the big scheme of things that weed should be illegal? No. ...Okay, gonna walk quietly away now. I know I know, everyone else feels different, even my wife on this subject, but I don't think legalizing drugs is the answer, and neither is dismantling the DEA. Refocus them on harsher drugs above weed only? sure. The excuse of "the drug war is a failure" doesn't mean you throw in the towel and let them takeover. Just my opinion. Drooling

Considering all the data from Colorado and Washington State disagree with your strawman I'm just going to post this.

[Image: 10492468_10152685469659245_3198041513210662380_n.jpg]

Dismantle the DEA.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-06-2014, 11:25 AM
(27-06-2014 11:11 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-06-2014 08:55 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I won't get into it as the whole thing just pisses me off (widespread acceptance of becoming a nation of potheads) but statistics can be interesting can't they? More US people die from auto accidents (35K+ last year) every year than guns (32k+ last year), but we aren't trying to make cars illegal....More US people die from auto related accidents in 3 months than in the 13 years of war against terrorism in combat, yet we aren't screaming to stop driving cars. More to the point; Among the most common drug overdose deaths, cocaine and prescription drugs rank higher than heroin, with prescription opioids leading the other two. Only an average of 2,000 people die a year in the US due to heroin overdose...maybe we should make that legal too? Why not, you can articulate under your reasoning that more people die drinking alcohol than heroin. We should just dismantle the DEA and let the USA become a drug user utopia. Perhaps the pilot hits a quick bit of smack, cocaine, heroin or weed before flying you to your destination, no big deal...its just a tiny bit of drug, why should we regulate that? Since weed is becoming legal nationwide, law enforcement has seen an increase of ten times last year's numbers of auto accidents caused by high levels of THC (weed usage)...no big deal man, its just a little weed. Once we have that legal nationwide, why not heroin next? It causes less deaths a year then one week worth of people driving cars. Driving a car isn't illegal...

Considering all the data from Colorado and Washington State disagree with your strawman I'm just going to post this.

[Image: 10492468_10152685469659245_3198041513210662380_n.jpg]

Dismantle the DEA.

This is even before you consider the racial factors.