1 in 10 Deaths related to Alcohol, Marijuana still illegal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: 1 in 10 Deaths related to Alcohol, Marijuana still illegal
Again, I support the legalization of weed, even through it goes against my strong personal anti drug stance. I do not think we achieve anything by jailing people for weed related offenses, and just pile on more to the load taxpayers have to deal with in relation to incarceration costs. I do however think DEA has a viable and important function in relation to other drugs.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2014, 07:24 PM
(27-06-2014 07:21 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Again, I support the legalization of weed, even through it goes against my strong personal anti drug stance. I do not think we achieve anything by jailing people for weed related offenses, and just pile on more to the load taxpayers have to deal with in relation to incarceration costs. I do however think DEA has a viable and important function in relation to other drugs.

The DEA is actively trying to subvert the will of the people in every state that has legalised Marijuana. Furthermore it is one of the most corrupt entities in the federal government it routinely supports one cartel over others in a bid to get tip offs and was a driving force behind the ludacris Fast & Furious program. We as a nation would be far far better off dismantling the DEA and provisionally legalising all drugs than continuing to allow this rogue agency any more funding.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-06-2014, 08:17 PM
We could probably get a lot more out of our money, and help a lot more people, if we decriminalized the use of all drugs and instead of spending money to put people in jail spent that money on programs to help people with addiction. That would require sympathy, however, something in short supply in our legal system.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
28-06-2014, 04:45 AM
(27-06-2014 08:17 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  We could probably get a lot more out of our money, and help a lot more people, if we decriminalized the use of all drugs and instead of spending money to put people in jail spent that money on programs to help people with addiction. That would require sympathy, however, something in short supply in our legal system.

You may have a point, the majority of our prison population is drug related. We can greatly reduce our costs by focusing on jailing violent felons vice other crimes. Thumbsup

I will concede that Yes

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
29-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Yup. I'd say legalize all drugs. I'll decide which ones I'll do and which ones I won't do.
Of course I already do that.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
29-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Quote: You mean we won't have the SWAT teams busting down people's doors without warrants just because some folks had a bit of pot on the living room table?

No, you'll have SWAT teams breaking down doors without warrants because people have overdue library books. The cops ain't about to give up their shiny new toys.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
01-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Relating pot and heroin is a false analogy, btw. I'd also like to point out that the legalization of weed would dismantle the Mexican drug cartels. A more peaceful and secure Mexico would benefit us greatly.

But first eliminating minimum sentencing and making non-violent drug possession not a felony would be a HUGE benefit to society.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
01-07-2014, 08:18 AM
(01-07-2014 07:14 AM)natachan Wrote:  Relating pot and heroin is a false analogy, btw. I'd also like to point out that the legalization of weed would dismantle the Mexican drug cartels. A more peaceful and secure Mexico would benefit us greatly.

But first eliminating minimum sentencing and making non-violent drug possession not a felony would be a HUGE benefit to society.

also missed my point, legalizing weed is one thing, dismantling the DEA in hopes of legalizing all other drugs, like HEROIN is another.

02-07-2014, 01:55 PM
(26-06-2014 06:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-new...ys-n141741

Anyone please defend the drug war. Any of it. 1/10th the working population is killed by alcohol related incidents every year and more by tobacco yet both are legal. Dismantle the DEA!

But...but...if we legalize marijuana it will cut out billions in profits for the drug cartels! Those poor drug cartels need to make their profits too! Besides, it's not like the drug cartels are violent and go around around killing people...

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
02-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Yeah I have no problem legalizing weed. You know most people in prison are in there for having drugs. If it wasn't for the drug war alot of the things that have happen with the cartels and everything wouldn't be a problem right now. Besides alcohol is alot more dangerous anyway and it is legal. I have seen in my driver's ed course the effects of alcohol and some crashes caused by drunk drivers, not pretty.