1 point for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2016, 11:41 AM
RE: 1 point for atheists
(09-03-2016 11:27 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 12:29 AM)Babakazoo Wrote:  ...
why you don't believe in any God
I think.

Bullseye!

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
09-03-2016, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 11:58 AM by DerFish.)
To answer: I gave up on God in the 11th grade about 1963 taking a high school course in a private religious school called Bible Doctrines. We studied about all of the atrocious things God demanded his people to do. I remember specifically God telling them to kill all the men,women and children except they could take all the comely girls for themselves to do as they saw fit. I declared to the teacher in writing that if God was as the Bible portrayed Him, He (God) had no allegiance coming from me. Later studying more and more I realized that the possibility of there actually being such a being was null.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
09-03-2016, 12:14 PM
(09-03-2016 11:54 AM)DerFish Wrote:  To answer: I gave up on God in the 11th grade about 1963 taking a high school course in a private religious school called Bible Doctrines. We studied about all of the atrocious things God demanded his people to do. I remember specifically God telling them to kill all the men,women and children except they could take all the comely girls for themselves to do as they saw fit. I declared to the teacher in writing that if God was as the Bible portrayed Him, He (God) had no allegiance coming from me. Later studying more and more I realized that the possibility of there actually being such a being was null.

It's almost as if the OT was written by a bunch of blood-thirsty proto-Bedouins.

Oh, wait...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Gawdzilla's post
09-03-2016, 01:20 PM
I'm the reincarnation of chuck Norris and there isn't any gods beside me. I'm a jealous God. I don't have accept the worship of the other 7.4 billions gods.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
09-03-2016, 09:41 PM
(09-03-2016 12:29 AM)Babakazoo Wrote:  If you could pick one reason to be the main reason why you don't believe in any God what would that be? I probably won't respond to this thread I just want to get know the community and see what points separate us the most. Hopefully overtime I can see how we are alike and, hopefully that will overshadow the differences.

Why do I need an excuse to not believe something implausible without good evidence to back it up?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
10-03-2016, 02:32 AM
(09-03-2016 01:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I concur with the others as far as the lack of evidence goes, but the reason why I don't believe in your 'loving' God specifically is because of the amount of pointless suffering (e.g. cluster headaches or trigeminal neuralgia) in the world.

Well, he asked for a reason why we don't believe in any god Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
10-03-2016, 06:23 AM
(09-03-2016 12:29 AM)Babakazoo Wrote:  If you could pick one reason to be the main reason why you don't believe in any God what would that be?

ALL gods have proven to be derived from early human ignorance regarding the planet and universe and are the result of fictional stories to account for this ignorance.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
10-03-2016, 06:33 AM
(09-03-2016 10:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 09:58 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  ...
That's an incredibly powerful photograph.

Kevin Carter, the photographer, later committed suicide. His note mentioned the atrocities he had witnessed, along with other issues.
Photographer

Kevin Carter

Hi Time magazine, hi Pulitzer Prize
Tribal scars in Technicolor
Bang bang club AK 47 hour

Kevin Carter

Hi Time magazine, hi Pulitzer Prize
Vulture stalked white piped lie forever
Wasted your life in black and white

Kevin Carter

The elephant is so ugly, he sleeps his head
Machetes his bed,
Kevin Carter, kaffir lover forever
Click click click click click
Click himself under

Kevin Carter

Thank you for posting that clip. I'd not heard of that band. Made me proud to be a musician. And the trumpet was a very nice touch.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-03-2016, 09:18 AM
The bible.
I wanted to be a more genuine christian, so I read the entire bible cover to cover for the first time. I encountered so many WTF?!?! moments therein that by the time I was finished reading, I was an atheist. TBH, I was pretty disappointed at first, but that didn't last long.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
10-03-2016, 12:25 PM
(09-03-2016 12:29 AM)Babakazoo Wrote:  What's up guys I'm new to this forum and already spent day 1 getting bombarded by debates in different more heated threads. I'm a practicing Roman Catholic here to learn and even possibly test the little knowledge I do have. I dont want convert or anything radical like that. I am curious for this post about one thing. If you could pick one reason to be the main reason why you don't believe in any God what would that be? I probably won't respond to this thread I just want to get know the community and see what points separate us the most. Hopefully overtime I can see how we are alike and, hopefully that will overshadow the differences.

Hey again Kazoo. I am a former Roman Catholic. And stop practicing around the age of 21, But that didn't make me stop believing in God. That came 10 years later. It was a large mix of life experiences that lead to me to the conclusion that god most likely doesn't exist. The easiest method that I found was asking (praying) for him to manifest himself. Those final years that was a common thing I asked. To obvious results. But to say that is the soul end all be all is not the fact.

I attribute that majority of my deconversation primarily to me looking deeper in the the Church of Scientology. And then branching out to other cults that have formed threw time. First asking what would cause people to believe in such ludicrous ideas then finding similarity's to the religion I was brought up in. Which then lead to me challenging my own ideas of what I thought god was. I looked at other religions for possible solutions to my questions to only find they too had conclusions that seem ludicrous.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin