10 Best Things About a Trump Presidency!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: 10 Best Things About a Trump Presidency!
(21-11-2016 10:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  That Chicago-style pizza looks disgusting, like I would gag the moment I bite into it. No

It has pretty much the same ingredients as a normal pizza -- just more of them. In particular, it has more cheese, which is why I'm not a big fan of Chicago style pizza. Bare minimum of cheese only for me. In fact, some day I'm going to try to make a pizza with no cheese at all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2016, 10:59 AM
(21-11-2016 10:41 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 10:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm still hoping a juicy coronary thrombosis knocks off Trump and Pence

Not me. Wait until he gets in office and the laws of succession are black and white. We're already on the verge of killing each other as it is.

Even then, Pence has to go first. He would be much worse than Trump.
21-11-2016, 11:01 AM
(21-11-2016 10:59 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 10:41 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Not me. Wait until he gets in office and the laws of succession are black and white. We're already on the verge of killing each other as it is.

Even then, Pence has to go first. He would be much worse than Trump.

Don't be such a pessimist. A meteor could hit the white house at the inauguration.

21-11-2016, 11:02 AM
(21-11-2016 10:59 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 10:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  That Chicago-style pizza looks disgusting, like I would gag the moment I bite into it. No

It has pretty much the same ingredients as a normal pizza -- just more of them. In particular, it has more cheese, which is why I'm not a big fan of Chicago style pizza. Bare minimum of cheese only for me. In fact, some day I'm going to try to make a pizza with no cheese at all.

The local market here carries this roasted vegetable pizza with no cheese. I pick one up now and then; I'm not a big fan of cheese either.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
21-11-2016, 11:06 AM
(21-11-2016 11:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 10:59 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It has pretty much the same ingredients as a normal pizza -- just more of them. In particular, it has more cheese, which is why I'm not a big fan of Chicago style pizza. Bare minimum of cheese only for me. In fact, some day I'm going to try to make a pizza with no cheese at all.

The local market here carries this roasted vegetable pizza with no cheese. I pick one up now and then; I'm not a big fan of cheese either.

Looks like we need to make an intervention.

[Image: 49b8383ba3468e0547d64c2da5a72c58.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-11-2016, 11:07 AM
(21-11-2016 11:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 10:59 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It has pretty much the same ingredients as a normal pizza -- just more of them. In particular, it has more cheese, which is why I'm not a big fan of Chicago style pizza. Bare minimum of cheese only for me. In fact, some day I'm going to try to make a pizza with no cheese at all.

Never made it to Oak Ridge then, eh?

21-11-2016, 11:41 AM
(21-11-2016 10:58 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 10:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm still hoping a juicy coronary thrombosis knocks off Trump and Pence

I would not be sad over Pence going but at this point we're probably better off with Trump staying. He has no ideology other than the glorification of Trump and that may not be quite as bad as the ideologies in the line of succession. If control in congress flips at the mid-term so that there is a block of at least the most egregious crap then they can both go.

Yes I totally get that I'm still trying to get my head round atheists supporting the election of a young earth creationist though. No
21-11-2016, 11:53 AM
(21-11-2016 11:41 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 10:58 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I would not be sad over Pence going but at this point we're probably better off with Trump staying. He has no ideology other than the glorification of Trump and that may not be quite as bad as the ideologies in the line of succession. If control in congress flips at the mid-term so that there is a block of at least the most egregious crap then they can both go.

Yes I totally get that I'm still trying to get my head round atheists supporting the election of a young earth creationist though. No

Me too, but the answer is that it's complex, and no atheist is "just" an atheist without also having opinions (sometimes strong ones) on other issues. For someone like Lord Dark Helmet, gun control issues, fear of Muslims, and dissatisfaction with ACA (i.e., "Obamacare") override any religious issues. Even for me, environmental and civil rights issues override religious ones -- although with fundamentalist Christians in control, religious issues and civil rights are intimately interconnected, so you have to take them seriously. Also, the fundies tend to be on the wrong side of the other issues I care about as well -- but not always: Jimmy Carter was much more religious than Ronald Reagan, but I voted for Carter because he was better in every other respect (and he wasn't really a very good President, which just goes to show how much I detested Reagan).
21-11-2016, 11:56 AM
(21-11-2016 11:53 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 11:41 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yes I totally get that I'm still trying to get my head round atheists supporting the election of a young earth creationist though. No

Me too, but the answer is that it's complex, and no atheist is "just" an atheist without also having opinions (sometimes strong ones) on other issues. For someone like Lord Dark Helmet, gun control issues and dissatisfaction with ACA (i.e., "Obamacare") override any religious issues. Even for me, environmental and civil rights issues override religious ones -- although with fundamentalist Christians in control, religious issues and civil rights are intimately interconnected, so you have to take them seriously. Also, the fundies tend to be on the wrong side of the other issues I care about as well -- but not always: Jimmy Carter was much more religious than Ronald Reagan, but I voted for Carter because he was better in every other respect (and he wasn't really a very good President, which just goes to show how much I detested Reagan).
Makes sense mate, thanks for explaining things for me.
21-11-2016, 12:01 PM
(21-11-2016 08:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 08:37 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Taken out of context, I don't think I'd have recognized the pizza on the left as being pizza at all. I learned something new today.

They call it a pizza, but it is almost more of a pizza-esque casserole.

But it can also vary greatly from pizzeria to pizzeria.

Its a bloody cake!

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse