10 Places to visit in Michigan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2014 03:56 AM by JDog554.)
Thumbs Up 10 Places to visit in Michigan
Since I live in the great Mitten State of Michigan I thought i'd share 10 great places to visit if you ever come to town. I won't get too much into each location but there will be a link to a website that will give you all the information and sorry if this isn't the right place to put this thread haha didn't know where else to put it. If you have been to any of these places let me know what the experience was like or let me know which ones look interesting to you.

1. Mackinac Island
    Website

Quote:Mackinac Island is an island and resort area, covering 3.8 square miles in land area, in the U.S. state of Michigan. It is located in Lake Huron, at the eastern end of the Straits of Mackinac, between the state's Upper and Lower Peninsulas.

[Image: Mackinac_Island.jpg]
  2. Mackinac Bridge
    Website

Quote:The Mackinac Bridge is a suspension bridge spanning the Straits of Mackinac to connect the Upper and Lower peninsulas of the U.S. state of Michigan.

[Image: 1280px_Mackinac_Bridge.jpg]
  3. Henry Ford Museum
    Website

Quote:The Henry Ford is a large indoor and outdoor history museum complex and a National Historic Landmark in the Metro Detroit suburb of Dearborn, Michigan, USA.

[Image: the_henry_ford1.jpg]
  4. Great Lakes
    Website

Quote:The Great Lakes are a series of interconnected freshwater lakes located in northeastern North America, on the Canada–United States border, which connect to the Atlantic Ocean through the Saint Lawrence Seaway.

[Image: Lake_Huron.jpg]*Lake Huron is pictured
  5. Binder Park Zoo
    Website

Quote:The Binder Park Zoo is a 433-acre zoo that opened in 1977 near Battle Creek, Michigan, in the United States. Binder Park Zoo is one of the largest zoos in Michigan, and features a large array of animals and plants, including the Wild Africa Exhibit
    [Image: binderparkzoo2.jpg]
  6. University of Michigan Wolverines Football Arena Aka "The Big House"
    Website

Quote:Michigan Stadium, nicknamed "The Big House", is the football stadium for the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It is the largest stadium in the United States, the third largest stadium in the world and the 31st largest sports venue.

[Image: michiganstadium.jpg]
  7. Detroit Pistons NBA Arena "The Palace of Auburn Hills"
    Website

Quote:The Palace of Auburn Hills is a sports and entertainment venue in Auburn Hills, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit. Opening in 1988, it is the home of the Detroit Pistons, of the NBA.

[Image: Palace_of_Auburn_Hills.jpg]
  8. Detroit Red Wings Hockey Arena "Joe Louis Arena"
    Website

Quote:Joe Louis Arena, nicknamed The Joe, is a hockey arena located in downtown Detroit, Michigan. It is the home of the Detroit Red Wings of the National Hockey League.

[Image: Joe_Louis_Arena.jpg]
  9. Michigan Adventures
    Website

Quote:Michigan's Adventure is a 250-acre amusement park in Muskegon County, Michigan, about halfway between Muskegon and Whitehall.

[Image: Michigans_Adventure_entrance.jpg]
  10. Wharton Center for Performing Arts.
    Website

Quote:The Wharton Center for Performing Arts is located in East Lansing, Michigan, USA, on the campus of Michigan State University. It is the home of the Lansing Symphony Orchestra, which performs 17 concerts annually.

[Image: wharton_center.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
29-04-2014, 04:04 AM
RE: 10 Places to visit in Michigan
You said there were places to visit in this post? Tongue

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-04-2014, 04:07 AM
(29-04-2014 04:04 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You said there were places to visit in this post? Tongue

No this post gives you information of the places to visit. To actually visit them you have to get off your butt and go there lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
29-04-2014, 04:27 PM
If you're already crossing the bridge, don't forget Tahquamenon Falls State Park

Fall

[Image: tahquamenon22.jpg]

Winter

[Image: Upper_Tahquamenon_Falls.jpg]

That's Pure Michigan baby! Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
29-04-2014, 07:57 PM
(29-04-2014 04:27 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  If you're already crossing the bridge, don't forget Tahquamenon Falls State Park

Fall

[Image: tahquamenon22.jpg]

Winter

[Image: Upper_Tahquamenon_Falls.jpg]

That's Pure Michigan baby! Thumbsup

Never heard of it but looks amazing!