10 Question Quiz

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: 10 Question Quiz
(17-12-2015 04:47 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Also from the behavioral finance book, a ten question quiz to show how humans are too confident in their abilities.

I took the test and decided not to answer 0 for the low and a million for the high in each case, I thought that would make the exercise worthless, but that’s me, you can answer any way you like.

Give a high and low estimate for the following 10 questions. Make sure that you are 90% sure that the answers you give will contain within their range the correct answer.

Each question requires a High and Low (two separate numbers) that you feel has a 90% chance of encapsulating the correct answer within that range.

Martin Luther King’s age at death.
Length of the Nile River.
Number of countries in OPEC.
Number of Books in the Old Testament.
Diameter of the Moon.
Weight of an empty Boeing 747 jetliner.
Birth year of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Gestation period of an Asian elephant (in days).
Air distance from Tokyo to London.
Deepest known point in the oceans.

Normal best 60% right, normal worst 30% right.

I’ll give answers on my next post as suggested. Distances and weights will be in both Metric and English.

MLK...around 38 maybe 43. I don't think he hit 40 though. Sad.
Nile. I'm guessing, something around 4000 miles. (I read that somewhere)
OPEC Ummmmmmm....9 maybe 15
Books in Old Testament.............about 20 thousand books. That's what it seems like when reading the damned thing.
Diameter of Moon.....when I eyeballing it up in the sky it seems to be about the diameter of my thumb.Smartass
747 weight..... I donno...pretty fuckin heavy
Mozart...I actually kinda know this. Around 1760.
Elephant pregnancy......too damned long. Poor elephant mom. I think it's around two years though.
Distance from Tokyo to London..I don't really care. I don't like to fly and I'm never going to fly from Tokyo to London....EVER!
Deepest point in ocean.....I donno but it's deep. Super deep. I'm guessing it's like an upside down Mt Everest so 29,000 ft deep. Yeah, that sounds about right.

I'm actually quite logical but you'd never know it from my answers. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply