10 Reasons Why I Rejected Mormonism, and So Should You

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: 10 Reasons Why I Rejected Mormonism, and So Should You
(25-01-2014 02:32 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  But you tend to say a lot of fluff, vague answers, and we have to ask you over and over, and repeatedly in different ways, to get your actual answer. If you could, please, from now on answer questions more in this way, that you did here, it would be greatly appreciated, because then, that's how we could actually have a dialogue, and get to know each other's thoughts, and perhaps learn from each other. So this is a very good response, and I am happy you gave it. I just hope you respond clearer, and more honestly like this in the future.
OK. I will do my best.
(25-01-2014 02:32 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Why you say you don't see the "God" of The Book of Mormon as being racist, or any of the doctrines and/or past practices and beliefs of the LDS church as racist or bigoted, that is fine for you to believe and to say. I disagree with it, but that's okay, we are going to disagree on a lot of things where it comes to religion. But you say you are trying to explain why you do not see it as racist, but you made no actual explanation at all.
Oh, I see what frustrates you. I was going to explain it to you. But I wanted you to explain to me first why you think it was racist. I think I even asked you this question. But I think I can explain it to you first.

(25-01-2014 02:32 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I directly put the most blatantly racist, and bigoted text, straight from your scriptures right in front of you, and your explanation for why it was not racist was, "I don't see it as racist". That's not really an explanation at all. That's just you saying you don't see anything wrong with it.
I got it. Can we start over? Only if you want to of course. But please can we do like one or two examples at one time?
Apology from me also to WitchSabrina. Even though it was RJ's fault(just kidding)

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2014, 09:53 PM
(25-01-2014 12:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  And atheists are misunderstood and misrepresented by theists.

Not really, no.

Quote:
Yes, I like to talk about my religion but not for arguing sake or for converting sake.

Bullshit.

Quote: I just want more people to know more truthful information about LDS Church.

Then why are you spouting so much bullshit about it? And why do you refuse to answer our questions about the Avenging Angels and the supposed golden tablets?

Quote:LDS Church is also demonized and misrepresented.

Not really, no.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
26-01-2014, 08:27 AM
(25-01-2014 09:53 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 12:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  And atheists are misunderstood and misrepresented by theists.

Not really, no.

You must have misread that. Atheists are generally misunderstood and misrepresented by theists. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-01-2014, 11:30 AM
(26-01-2014 08:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 09:53 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Not really, no.

You must have misread that. Atheists are generally misunderstood and misrepresented by theists. Drinking Beverage

Yes, I must agree. You totally misread that.

26-01-2014, 11:56 AM
(25-01-2014 08:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  I got it. Can we start over? Only if you want to of course. But please can we do like one or two examples at one time?
Apology from me also to WitchSabrina. Even though it was RJ's fault(just kidding)

Yes we can start over again. But I still find you dodgy, dishonest with yourself and thus others, and unopen. You wrote more open and honest stuff here, and I hope you keep it up, but that remains to be seen.

(25-01-2014 08:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  Oh, I see what frustrates you. I was going to explain it to you. But I wanted you to explain to me first why you think it was racist. I think I even asked you this question. But I think I can explain it to you first.

This is an example of what I me by dodgy. You say you wanted me to explain first why I thought some Mormon text and doctrine was racist. That's a fine request. I'm the one making the claim, so I'm the one who needs to support it. But then I did, with a lot of information, and even diagram one particular passage. So you were right to ask for my to explain it, but once I did you said no more than, "I don't find that racist". You weren't waiting, I put it right there.

You explained some reasons why you didn't find them racist, but you reasons were all clearly deflective bullshit. Such as you're "explanation" that I, and others who agreed with me in that thread, were misreading the scripture in taking it to mean that dark skin were bad, but that, as you claimed, the book never said that. But it clearly did. Clearly. It said, white skinned people were "delightsome", and when they did bad things they were turned dark, as a sign to everyone that should see them that they should be despised and not be mixed with. It couldn't get clearer than that, seriously! But you explanation is simply that we are reading it as saying dark skin is worse than white skin, but you claim it doesn't say that. That's bullshit, and you have to know it. You have to.

That's why I called you dishonest, and unopen. Because you have to know that that I point out, and see it there. And if you honestly don't, and see it as fine, than there is a huge problem with you. That's the heart of the issue.