10 Scary evolution facts...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2013, 02:28 AM
10 Scary evolution facts...
[Image: evolution_facts.jpg]

http://wwww.tenoutoften.org/index.php/ev...-at-school

Most of them don't have anything to do with evolution. I wonder how much money they burn for this kind of advertising? I wonder how many people would get fooled by this.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
18-02-2013, 02:36 AM
AW: 10 Scary evolution facts...
Same old uninformed YEC bullshit.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-02-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: 10 Scary evolution facts...
1: There are too few supernova remnants.

WTF? Since when was cosmology a part of evolution? Would still do nothing to disprove evolution, but it shows that he's trying to push a young earth agenda and hoping to kill evolution by proxy with a 6000 year time scale instead of billions science as shown.

2: The missing links are still missing!

Nope, and as far as humans are concerned, we found our back in the 70's. Every time we do find one, the creationist just claims we have 2 more gaps to fill, rinse and repeat.

3: The moon is moving away from earth.

This assumes a CONSTANT rate for the moon's movement away from earth, when it has been anything but.

4: SETI proves intelligent designer.

Somehow the amount of information found in DNA is so great, it has to be designed? LOLWUT? And what does this have to do with SETI?

5: Helium levels are too low.

Once again assuming a constant rate of radioactive decay, and thus a young earth.

6: See floor is not muddy enough.

Only calculates for erosion, and not deposits. Growing up in Erie, I know all too well about how the lake erodes sand from the base of the peninsula and deposits it on other beaches and in the canal between the bay and the rest of the great lake. All that sand goes somewhere all right...

7: Saturn's rings are way too young.

Seriously? There is nothing that says that Saturn's rings couldn't have formed after the planet did. They most likely were formed from a moon or another captured body getting too close and ripped apart by tidal forces from Saturn's gravity. This does nothing to prove a young earth/solar system/galaxy/universe/etc.

8: Earth's magnetic field is decaying.

Once again, assuming constant rates over time with no evidence to back that up.

9: Ocean's are not salty enough.

Honestly, I don't know. But seeing the rest of his shit so far, I'm not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. Still would not disprove evolution by any means, as it would be a single anomaly in geology and planetary science, and nowhere near enough to 'prove' a young earth.

10: Evolution violates a universally accepted scientific law.

Once again, conflating a purposeful misinterpretation of abiogenesis in an attempt to straw-man evolution. FAIL.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Huh? What universally accepted law are they talking about? And since when did evolution became a subject of cosmology, but that question has been asked so many times and yet unanswered... Tongue

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-02-2013, 11:05 PM
DeepThought!

[Image: gifs_Ace_Ventura_dancing.gif]

The site also claims that Job 40 describes a dinosaur, proving its divine knowledge:

Behold, Behemoth, which I made as I made you; he eats grass like an ox. 16 Behold, his strength in his loins, and his power in the muscles of his belly. 17 He makes his tail stiff like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are knit together. 18 His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like bars of iron. 19 “He is the first of the works of God; let him who made him bring near his sword! 20 For the mountains yield food for him where all the wild beasts play. 21 Under the lotus plants he lies, in the shelter of the reeds and in the marsh. 22 For his shade the lotus trees cover him; the willows of the brook surround him. 23 Behold, if the river is turbulent he is not frightened; he is confident though Jordan rushes against his mouth. 24 Can one take him by his eyes, or pierce his nose with a snare? (Job 40.15-24)

It just sounds like a giant creature to me. Like a big alligator. The very next chapter describes the Leviathan, the giant sea serpent. The two do battle later in the Bible while multiheaded beasts wear crowns. Yes. It clearly means dinosaur.

[Image: Behemoth_versus_Leviathan_by_HairyApeMan.jpg]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
19-02-2013, 01:28 AM
[Image: ME3_Leviathan_and_Shepard.png]

Leviathan^

19-02-2013, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2013 03:31 AM by Buddy Christ.)
(19-02-2013 01:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: ME3_Leviathan_and_Shepard.png]

Leviathan^

No.

Leviathan.

This was the only summon you could cast on the FF7 demo and I soiled my childhood pants in awe. The technology of the PS1.

And if you think I'm showing my age, this was actually my first experience with Leviathan. FF2 (which was actually FF4) for the SNES. Still in my Top 10 list.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
19-02-2013, 03:44 AM
FFVIII did it better... Tongue

But my two favorites were Shiva and Bahamut.

06-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Okay seriously, what is wrong with these people? Do they even know what evolution is? Or does evolution simply mean "God no existey" to them?
06-08-2013, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2013 03:51 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-02-2013 03:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  2: The missing links are still missing!

Nope, and as far as humans are concerned, we found our back in the 70's. Every time we do find one, the creationist just claims we have 2 more gaps to fill, rinse and repeat.

Good. Good.
I ran into an interesting stat this past week.
99.9 of all living organisms do not fossilize. In order for that process to occur, the organism has to die/be deposited in a very specific environment. If there are insufficient amounts of sand/silica/and minerals in the soil/sediment for the process to happen, no fossil will form, as the mineralization process replaces the organic material.

So... what's the point ?
The point is, it's amazing we have as many fossils as we do.
There are none "missing'' if you have almost "zero" expectation in the first place to find any.
(Apart from the fact, that in fact, there are millions of "intermediate" forms.)
It's simply a lie.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post