10 Scary evolution facts...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: 10 Scary evolution facts...
(18-02-2013 09:53 PM)pxlgirl Wrote:  Huh? What universally accepted law are they talking about? And since when did evolution became a subject of cosmology, but that question has been asked so many times and yet unanswered... Tongue
I think it's referring to the old "evolution breaks the second law of thermodynamics" objection. It's based on a complete misunderstanding of the second law. It only refers to closed systems. But we live in an open system. The sun is constantly pumping energy into our planet, so no it doesn't break the second law of thermodynamics.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2013, 10:57 PM
I couldn't view it because it is a known attack page. Awesome.

(06-08-2013 04:01 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Okay seriously, what is wrong with these people? Do they even know what evolution is? Or does evolution simply mean "God no existey" to them?

I'm fairly certain most of them think it means "God no existey." You're not alone. Wink

There have been many times when someone of faith wanted to debate/question me about evolution, and they steered the conversation towards the big bang. For the longest time the preferred method of "disproving" the big bang was to claim it was akin to setting a bomb off in a landfill and ending up with a computer. I never understood how those two things were comparable, but that happened to me at least a dozen times.

They obviously don't understand the difference between the primary scientific disciplines, so I think it's fair to say they are just parroting their pastor/parent/whoever who lump all sciences together. If they actually looked into any of these assertions for themselves they would know that none of them hold water. But that would be in a perfect world.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
17-11-2013, 02:34 AM
Well, I get a malware warning. So...be sure to clean your computer folksBig Grin

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
17-11-2013, 03:38 AM
(17-11-2013 02:34 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Well, I get a malware warning. So...be sure to clean your computer folksBig Grin

Evidence of the god-virus?

Consider

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
17-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Its getting harder and harder to distinguish genuine Anti-evolution sites with Sarcastic parody sites.
Gotta love how they need to lie to make their argument credible to themselves, not realising the lie will cost them sheep.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
18-11-2013, 11:44 AM
The link goes to a "reported attack page". WTF

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
18-11-2013, 11:47 AM
(18-11-2013 11:44 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  The link goes to a "reported attack page". WTF
Yes, it attacks rational sensibilitiesSmile
I get a malware warning myself

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
18-11-2013, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2013 12:10 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-02-2013 02:28 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  [Image: evolution_facts.jpg]

http://wwww.tenoutoften.org/index.php/ev...-at-school

Most of them don't have anything to do with evolution. I wonder how much money they burn for this kind of advertising? I wonder how many people would get fooled by this.

I see the forum is locked there too.
Evolution is a banned topic on Catholic Answers. Weeping
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.ph...st11407149

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-11-2013, 11:58 PM
(16-11-2013 09:33 PM)Thomas2000 Wrote:  
(18-02-2013 09:53 PM)pxlgirl Wrote:  Huh? What universally accepted law are they talking about? And since when did evolution became a subject of cosmology, but that question has been asked so many times and yet unanswered... Tongue
I think it's referring to the old "evolution breaks the second law of thermodynamics" objection. It's based on a complete misunderstanding of the second law. It only refers to closed systems. But we live in an open system. The sun is constantly pumping energy into our planet, so no it doesn't break the second law of thermodynamics.

I think they've largely abandoned thermodynamics... For precisely the reasons you mentioned.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-11-2013, 12:05 AM
(18-11-2013 11:58 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-02-2013 02:28 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  [Image: evolution_facts.jpg]

http://wwww.tenoutoften.org/index.php/ev...-at-school

Most of them don't have anything to do with evolution. I wonder how much money they burn for this kind of advertising? I wonder how many people would get fooled by this.

I see the forum is locked there too.
Evolution is a banned topic on Catholic Answers. Weeping
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.ph...st11407149

I think that shows the Catholic church's true colours on the matter...

The church doesn't actively endorse or promote creationism, because it would lose all credibility... Likewise it cannot endorse evolution because it would lose all purpose.

No Adam... No original sin, no Jesus, no resurrection, no gospels, no St Peter, no Catholic Church. The whole thing unravels as soon as you introduce evolution...

Its a failed hypothesis...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user