10 Things You Want To Do In The Next 10 Years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2017, 09:29 AM
10 Things You Want To Do In The Next 10 Years
In no specific order...

1. Go to India
2. Go to Antrim, Ireland
3. Go ultralight backpacking off the grid for a month (maybe longer if time permits).
4. Keep furthering my yoga career.
5. Go on more outdoor adventures with my dogs.
6. Continue on with my health and fitness goals.
7. Get even more involved with animal rights causes.
8. Continue on with my weird love of staying at "haunted" inns.
9. Travel Route 66 in its entirety.
10. Choose adventure over insipidity and simplicity over things in all that I do.

*Live on a houseboat in Yellowknife, but I'm putting that down here since there's no way my bf will go for that Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
07-07-2017, 09:38 AM
RE: 10 Things You Want To Do In The Next 10 Years
I can hook you up with an Antrim visit, I have family over there!

For me:

1. Win the Lottery
2. Get into better shape
3. Travel the USA
4. Start a podcast
5. Go to Wrestlemania Big Grin
6. Visit Japan
7. Visit Thailand
8. Visit India
9. Visit Yellowknife as it looks AMAZING
10. Move to Edinburgh

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
07-07-2017, 09:39 AM
(07-07-2017 09:38 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I can hook you up with an Antrim visit, I have family over there!

Oh cool that's where my family's from Smile
07-07-2017, 09:49 AM
(07-07-2017 09:39 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 09:38 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I can hook you up with an Antrim visit, I have family over there!

Oh cool that's where my family's from Smile
Its a long story lol.

Originally, they are from London, but through the process' of divorce and remarrying, my Grandfather moved out to Doagh (which is in/around Antrim/Ballyclare) in the late 70's or early 80's.

He used to be in the army, so was stationed there for many years, and once it calmed down a bit, he decided to stay. He met a nice lady and married. Now a large portion of my extended family live over there, and as my [step?]Nan had already been married previously as well, my dad gained 2 brothers, and we're all one big happy, if not spread out, family lol.

Funnily enough my full blood-nan (if that's the right word) also remarried and also moved to Ireland lol. She lives in Port Stewart on the Northern coast with her husband, my other Granddad, and now lives about 20 mins away from her ex husband.

It's all very confusing, so if you didn't follow that, I apologise. The only plus to all this is, we accept pretty much anybody on face value and a good word from somebody else, so if you ever go down there, I'll tell them you're coming and they'll throw a party haha.

I live in England, in the north-west area. I also have family down south, in France and one of my uncles lives in California haha. My parents divorced and remarried, when I was young as well, and my step dad is from Jamaica originally and my step mum is of Argentinian descent I think, so more diversity Smile Meanwhile I'm plain ole Englishman in the corner Laugh out load

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
07-07-2017, 10:17 AM
(07-07-2017 09:49 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 09:39 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh cool that's where my family's from Smile
Its a long story lol.

Originally, they are from London, but through the process' of divorce and remarrying, my Grandfather moved out to Doagh (which is in/around Antrim/Ballyclare) in the late 70's or early 80's.

He used to be in the army, so was stationed there for many years, and once it calmed down a bit, he decided to stay. He met a nice lady and married. Now a large portion of my extended family live over there, and as my [step?]Nan had already been married previously as well, my dad gained 2 brothers, and we're all one big happy, if not spread out, family lol.

Funnily enough my full blood-nan (if that's the right word) also remarried and also moved to Ireland lol. She lives in Port Stewart on the Northern coast with her husband, my other Granddad, and now lives about 20 mins away from her ex husband.

It's all very confusing, so if you didn't follow that, I apologise. The only plus to all this is, we accept pretty much anybody on face value and a good word from somebody else, so if you ever go down there, I'll tell them you're coming and they'll throw a party haha.

I live in England, in the north-west area. I also have family down south, in France and one of my uncles lives in California haha. My parents divorced and remarried, when I was young as well, and my step dad is from Jamaica originally and my step mum is of Argentinian descent I think, so more diversity Smile Meanwhile I'm plain ole Englishman in the corner Laugh out load

Wow that's quite a family tree! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Year one : Lose 20-40 pounds
Year two : Lose another 20-40 pounds & get my kid into a college or university I can afford.
Year three : Buy a motorcycle.
Year four : Be completely off my blood pressure meds.
Year five : Get my other kid into a college or university I can afford.
Year six thru nine : With the kids out of the house...play with my wife like it was our first year of marriage all over again.
Year ten : Still be alive? I dunno, I don't really want or expect much out of life I guess.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
07-07-2017, 10:23 AM
1. Read 1000 books.
2. Continue writing my journals.
3. Lose 30 pounds.
4-8. Write and illustrate 5 different books I've slowly been working on.
9. Get solar panels installed on my roof.
10. Create several new paintings each year.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
07-07-2017, 10:28 AM
(07-07-2017 10:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Wow that's quite a family tree! Smile
It's all very confusing, I just go with it now.

We recently hit a wedding in Ireland for my uncle, and my wife asked me about who's who, and how they are related. I just said "I don't know, they're family" haha. And we spent the weekend with my cousin, who i'm fairly sure I've never met until that weekend. It was awesome Smile

With my Granddad being the army, and moving about as much as he did, my dad was born in Germany and his brother ,[my uncle], was born in Kuala Lumpur.

Perks of being from a 3 consecutive generations of "broken homes" eh? Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
07-07-2017, 11:02 AM
1. Live another 10 years.Tongue
2. Get my chess rating to Class B (been there before, but briefly and long ago), and then to Class A (never been there). I'm currently at the low end of Class C.
3. Finish reading and working all the problems in Tom Apostol's Calculus, Vol. I (started this back in 1981; 11 chapters down, 4 to go). And then maybe Vol. II if I feel ambitious.
4. See and hear all 10 of Wagner's mature operas (ideally live, but none of our local opera companies ever do Wagner, so I'll probably have to settle for DVD).
5. See and hear (and read) all of Shakespeare's major plays (have seen many of them, but not all). Fortunately, there are several local theater companies who regularly do Shakespeare.
6. Learn to play my guitar better, and then learn as many songs as possible (I'm mostly thinking "Great American Songbook" type songs, but others as well).
7. Read as many great works of literature and philosophy as possible, although there will always be more than I can get to.
8. Do some more century bike rides (100 miles or more in a day). I used to do lots of these, but haven't done any since my accident in 2010.
9. Go hiking and/or climbing in some of our great National Parks (have done Badlands, Rocky Mountain, and Grand Canyon -- would love to do Glacier, Yellowstone, Zion, Yosemite, and as many more as I can).
10. Learn enough mathematics and physics that I can understand relativity, quantum mechanics, etc., in more than just "layman's terms". (This is out of order -- should have been number 4)

In reality, I'll be lucky if I manage to do a handful of these things, but a man can dream!
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
07-07-2017, 04:31 PM
1) Keeep on remodeling my body and maintaining it as the only shrine I have.
2)get our financial house completely in order for retirement.
3) work lucrative jobs to help with #2
4) travel as much as our works will allow.
5) take voice lessons.
6)develop our home and property with an eye for simple upkeep.
7) learn an instrument.
8) learn a new language.
9)disperse of excess things, properties, hobbies.
10) build the traveling vehicle I dream of.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post