10 Things You Want To Do In The Next 10 Years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2017, 04:36 PM
RE: 10 Things You Want To Do In The Next 10 Years
1) stop planning and just take things as they come
mission accomplished

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
07-07-2017, 08:47 PM
(07-07-2017 04:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  1) stop planning and just take things as they come
mission accomplished

Well you're easy Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
07-07-2017, 09:20 PM
1. Survive another 10 years.

2. Never see the inside of an airport, airplane or hotel again.

3. Carry on being as content as I am now.

That's about it. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
07-07-2017, 09:29 PM
1. Obtain a few specific translation and fluency certifications for Chinese and French. And beyond that, go completely Censored ing obsessive with language learning in general.

2. Get the Censored out of corrections. It's good money, especially with all the overtime, and the work isn't that bad really, but it's not me. I wanna be in some remote area putting my military / outdoor skills to use, or put my language skills to use, or if I'm lucky enough to come across some obscure job which allows me to do both.

3. Get back to travelling, whether as part of a job or if I can find another job like I had with De Beers that allows for a 2 or 3 week rotation do the traveling on my own between shifts. And get my kids involved wherever practical.

4. Have sex again. Preferably with a person, but if sex robot technology allows for the possibility, hey, beggars can't be choosers. No goat stuff though. Unless it's a robot.

5. Stay in shape and get some Army tattoos and some pins and shit in my hat and in a decade or two be that old weird vet that all the neighborhood kids make rumours about like "I heard he's got a body buried in his back yard!" and then they try to sneak in to poke it with a stick and they run away while I yell "Get off my lawn!" and then they exaggerate the encounter when telling other kids and the rumors continue to spread and take on new forms like in a game of telephone. Or maybe just stay in shape and leave it at that.

6. Get into competitive 3 gun competition.

7. Build my vacation / retirement home. And then if my girlfriend leaves me over the next decade, let her have it for the sake of the kids, and buy another property and build another one for myself.

8. Be as active with Ottawa Volunteer Search and Rescue as possible.

9. Finish my degree in Security Management, partially since my ASIS certification requires me to meet requirements that include attending classes, which security management related classes count towards, so Censored it I might as well.

10. Obtain Canadian citizenship and attend the ceremony in a plaid kilt.
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
07-07-2017, 09:41 PM
(07-07-2017 04:31 PM)skyking Wrote:  1) Keeep on remodeling my body and maintaining it as the only shrine I have.
2)get our financial house completely in order for retirement.
3) work lucrative jobs to help with #2
4) travel as much as our works will allow.
5) take voice lessons.
6)develop our home and property with an eye for simple upkeep.
7) learn an instrument.
8) learn a new language.
9)disperse of excess things, properties, hobbies.
10) build the traveling vehicle I dream of.

How cool, I didn't know you liked to sing.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
07-07-2017, 09:44 PM
(07-07-2017 09:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  1. Obtain a few specific translation and fluency certifications for Chinese and French. And beyond that, go completely Censored ing obsessive with language learning in general.

2. Get the Censored out of corrections. It's good money, especially with all the overtime, and the work isn't that bad really, but it's not me. I wanna be in some remote area putting my military / outdoor skills to use, or put my language skills to use, or if I'm lucky enough to come across some obscure job which allows me to do both.

3. Get back to travelling, whether as part of a job or if I can find another job like I had with De Beers that allows for a 2 or 3 week rotation do the traveling on my own between shifts. And get my kids involved wherever practical.

4. Have sex again. Preferably with a person, but if sex robot technology allows for the possibility, hey, beggars can't be choosers. No goat stuff though. Unless it's a robot.

5. Stay in shape and get some Army tattoos and some pins and shit in my hat and in a decade or two be that old weird vet that all the neighborhood kids make rumours about like "I heard he's got a body buried in his back yard!" and then they try to sneak in to poke it with a stick and they run away while I yell "Get off my lawn!" and then they exaggerate the encounter when telling other kids and the rumors continue to spread and take on new forms like in a game of telephone. Or maybe just stay in shape and leave it at that.

7. Build my vacation / retirement home. And then if my girlfriend leaves me over the next decade, let her have it for the sake of the kids, and buy another property and build another one for myself.

9. Finish my degree in Security Management, partially since my ASIS certification requires me to meet requirements that include attending classes, which security management related classes count towards, so Censored it I might as well.

What kind of army tats are you thinking of getting? Also, I like the kilt idea. Just hope there's not a stiff breeze or you might have a Marilyn Monroe moment Tongue

07-07-2017, 09:48 PM
(07-07-2017 10:21 AM)unsapien Wrote:  Year one : Lose 20-40 pounds
Year two : Lose another 20-40 pounds & get my kid into a college or university I can afford.
Year three : Buy a motorcycle.
Year four : Be completely off my blood pressure meds.
Year five : Get my other kid into a college or university I can afford.
Year six thru nine : With the kids out of the house...play with my wife like it was our first year of marriage all over again.
Year ten : Still be alive? I dunno, I don't really want or expect much out of life I guess.

I love all your posts about your wife Heart So sweet, I can tell you both are still very much in love.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-07-2017, 10:04 PM
(07-07-2017 09:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 09:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  1. Obtain a few specific translation and fluency certifications for Chinese and French. And beyond that, go completely Censored ing obsessive with language learning in general.

What kind of army tats are you thinking of getting? Also, I like the kilt idea. Just hope there's not a stiff breeze or you might have a Marilyn Monroe moment Tongue

Haven't decided. Something unique to the cavalry portion of my career for sure (stetson, cossed sabres, unit insignia, mountain warfare tab, etc.). Maybe a different one symbolizing my earlier crypto days, the traditional symbol being the crossed lightning bolt and quill.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-07-2017, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017 10:19 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
Not necessarily in any order.

1. Read all of my books (have a ton that I haven't read).
2. Get better at chess.
3. Learn how to draw.
4. Learn guitar.
5. Climb a mountain.
6. Do more hiking/camping.
7. Learn music theory.
8. Learn Algebra (I failed Algebra twice in high school Sad)
9. Learn Yoga
10. Get better at cooking. Tongue

Seems like 10 years is enough time for all of that.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
07-07-2017, 10:27 PM
(07-07-2017 10:06 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  5. Climb a mountain.

Kilimanjaro? Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post