10 animal misconceptions I have seen or heard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: 10 animal misconceptions I have seen or heard
(03-04-2014 09:40 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 08:58 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Myth: Pit bulls have locking jaws.

Truth: Baloney. Pit bulls have strong jaws, but there isn't anything at all that makes their jaws "lock".

As a pit bull owner, I approve this message. Thumbsup

The only thing dangerous about my pitty is his tail and his kisses. His tail was never cropped, so it's just bone and skin. It's freaking deadly. And he will tear your face off with overly aggressive kisses. A real vicious brute. Big Grin

Yup. My vicious amstaff is laying at my feet with two cats laying on top of her. Scary. Dodgy

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
03-04-2014, 10:00 AM
[Image: dangerous_zps40178167.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-04-2014, 10:07 AM
My grand daughter about 6 years ago and the brutal beast they had then.

[Image: zanddog_zps05922fcd.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-04-2014, 10:10 AM
(03-04-2014 09:57 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 09:40 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  As a pit bull owner, I approve this message. Thumbsup

The only thing dangerous about my pitty is his tail and his kisses. His tail was never cropped, so it's just bone and skin. It's freaking deadly. And he will tear your face off with overly aggressive kisses. A real vicious brute. Big Grin

Yup. My vicious amstaff is laying at my feet with two cats laying on top of her. Scary. Dodgy

I have a rottie and a pittie. My mother was terrified when I got them. She didn't want my young nephew around them because they might attack him. Dodgy

She finally shut up when we sent her a picture of my 18 month old nephew taking a soup bone full of marrow right out of the vicious beast's mouth... and this is a dog who 3 months earlier was an emaciated sack of bones that had been through worse things than a human could survive. Vicious by nature, indeed.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
03-04-2014, 10:18 AM
My daughter got to have a couple casual shots done when she got her grad photos. The principal ended up asking if Chili would like to be the school mascot. Everyone was VERY upset when I told them that legally she couldn't even be in the city because she's so "dangerous".

[Image: aadd16a2ffde4c39e92c1d64db364b90.jpg]

Shit. I think we derailed. My bad.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
03-04-2014, 10:26 AM
(03-04-2014 10:18 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My daughter got to have a couple casual shots done when she got her grad photos. The principal ended up asking if Chili would like to be the school mascot. Everyone was VERY upset when I told them that legally she couldn't even be in the city because she's so "dangerous".

Blush

Oops. Sorry 'bout the derail.

Here, have another (non-pittie related) animal myth:

Lemmings commit mass suicide

Lemmings only jump off cliffs when they are jumping into water to swim somewhere. The documentary that purported to show lemmings committing mass suicide was shown to be faked, but not until after it had won an academy award

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
03-04-2014, 11:58 PM
8 Animal Misconceptions by CGP Grey.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-04-2014, 12:49 AM
(03-04-2014 11:58 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  8 Animal Misconceptions by CGP Grey.

He's got one thing wrong in that video which if I remember correctly, he corrects and discusses in another video: Daddy Longlegs. He says it isn't a spider, which is true to some extent; here in Australia we have Pholcus phalangioides, more commonly known as Daddy Longlegs, which is indeed a spider.

However, elsewhere in the world Daddy Longlegs is used commonly to refer to the Opiliones, AKA the harvestman, which is not a spider.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-04-2014, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 01:06 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(03-04-2014 10:18 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My daughter got to have a couple casual shots done when she got her grad photos. The principal ended up asking if Chili would like to be the school mascot. Everyone was VERY upset when I told them that legally she couldn't even be in the city because she's so "dangerous".

Holy FUCK your daughter is hot!
Drooling

Here's an animal fact for you all:

Myth: Cats are animals
Fact: Cats are GODS! They merely superficially resemble an animal to fool the rest of the animals so they can mingle amongst them. Make no mistake, these are divine beings in disguise, so be on your best behavior, you fools!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
04-04-2014, 01:16 AM
My neighbor is scared to death of my black cat, Pi.

I live in a ground level apartment and let the cats (2 cats) out for a romp twice a day. I stay with them. On occasion, my neighbor steps out of her door for whatever reason, sees Pi, and screams, scaring the shit out of me, "oh Jesus, oh Jesus no!" She then turns back in and slams the door.

I have spoken to her about this behavior and asked what I can do to help. She said she will not cross the path of a black cat. I told her the cat was not in her path. She said the cat will run at her. Nothing I said alleviated her fright.

This woman is scary and I am afraid she will make an issue with my leasing agent.

On the fun side, Pi has the eeriest yellow-green eyes I have ever seen in a cat and when she sits in the window at night, her glowing eyes look totally suspended, bodiless.

So, black cats are not creatures of evil, though they may look it.Evil_monsterEvil_monster

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post