10 commandments is a pretty good idea.. (philosofical excersice)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Re: 10 commandments is a pretty good idea.. (philosofical excersice)
Thou shalt own a dictionary

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
21-08-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: 10 commandments is a pretty good idea.. (philosofical excersice)

This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree; but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom... - The Ghost of Christmas Present.
21-08-2013, 08:54 PM
(21-08-2013 03:59 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  5. Thy women art equal to thee, and anyone who says otherwise shall be punished.

Lol not to get all femanazi (cause I'm sure you where trying to parody moses) but the irony of declaring women's equality in the possessive is hilarious.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
23-08-2013, 08:43 AM
(23-07-2013 03:19 AM)Zerq The mad Wrote:  •Thau shalt not seek to subvert democracy through discriminatory laws aimed at opposing groups or through false votes or tampering with the process of law

•Thau Shalt not Kill except as is required for food or escaping urgent danger to self or others within reasonable societal limits and without actively seeking out danger and in so doing endangering others except those appointed to enforce the law or protect their nation.

•Thau shalt not Rape and thau shalt both be consenting adults in a legal state of mind during the sex act both taking due care and responsibility for the act.

•Thau shalt not steal or vandalize thy fellow human’s possessions

Aside from the atrocious spelling, I had problems with all of these.

Democracy isn't the best type of government necessarily. I omit this part of the commandment.

Can I steal as a necessity? Example: I am starving, and am incapable from procuring food by other means. Can I steal form someone who has an abundance of resources so that I may continue?

Yabut what about killing things (animals or humans) that are taking from you or breaking other commandments. Can I kill animals what are taking my food? About about killing the killers and rapists?

"Legal state of mind" can be whatever the lawmakers decide it is. It can be disgusting.

Just sayin'.

22-09-2013, 08:58 PM
(23-07-2013 10:50 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I've said it a hundred times. I only need one commandment:

1. Don't be a dick.

Done.

I would suggest: "Don't be a giant dick."
Or in King James lingo, "Be thou not the semblance of a biggus dickus."
22-09-2013, 11:23 PM
10 commandments is a pretty good idea.. (philosofical excersice)
As George Carlin pointed out, you really only need one.
My one commandment would be

be compassionate