10 commandments must come down

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2015, 03:59 PM
10 commandments must come down
http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/06/30...ust-go.htm

Quote: A Ten Commandments monument at the Oklahoma Capitol is unconstitutional and must come down, the state Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.
The court concluded 7-2 today that the 6-foot-tall stone monument violates Article 2, Section 5, of the Oklahoma Constitution, which says "no public money or property" should ever be applied or donated for the use of any church, denomination, religious leader or sectarian institution.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Dom's post
30-06-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: 10 commandments must come down
Clap Thumbsup Yes

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
30-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Looks like we are on a roll lately. Shy

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
30-06-2015, 05:01 PM
There is a rather sanctimonious group in OK that I work with, so this one is especially delicious. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
30-06-2015, 05:06 PM
Good news indeed. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Lives in Oklahoma my whole life...my Facebook feed is blowing up with religious assholes flipping a lid.

The county that I worked for also has a 10 commandments statue up in front of the court house and are also in the works to build a 2 story sign inside the courtroom reading "In God We Trust" with every intention of funding via tax payer money.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
30-06-2015, 05:17 PM
(30-06-2015 05:13 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Lives in Oklahoma my whole life...my Facebook feed is blowing up with religious assholes flipping a lid.

The county that I worked for also has a 10 commandments statue up in front of the court house and are also in the works to build a 2 story sign inside the courtroom reading "In God We Trust" with every intention of funding via tax payer money.

They seriously want a theocracy. Is this not treason?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-06-2015, 05:20 PM
(30-06-2015 05:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-06-2015 05:13 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Lives in Oklahoma my whole life...my Facebook feed is blowing up with religious assholes flipping a lid.

They seriously want a theocracy. Is this not treason?

Bingo !!!
That's what I say. It's essentially a VERY unpatriotic stance !!!

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-06-2015, 05:34 PM
(30-06-2015 05:13 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The county that I worked for also has a 10 commandments statue up in front of the court house and are also in the works to build a 2 story sign inside the courtroom reading "In God We Trust" with every intention of funding via tax payer money.

With "In God We Trust" being an official national motto it may be hard to stop that. That needs to change but I think that'd be a lot harder to get done than gay marriage.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
30-06-2015, 06:13 PM
You should see some of the whining. They are going to try and get it re-tried. They are making a petition to impeach the judges. But this is finally dead. DEAD!

So happy!
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post