30-06-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: 10 commandments must come down
Slightly off topic, but ...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like TheBear's post
01-07-2015, 05:57 AM
(30-06-2015 06:13 PM)natachan Wrote:  You should see some of the whining. They are going to try and get it re-tried. They are making a petition to impeach the judges. But this is finally dead. DEAD!

So happy!

Two of those judges certainly need to go. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-07-2015, 07:46 AM
(30-06-2015 06:13 PM)natachan Wrote:  They are making a petition to impeach the judges. But this is finally dead. DEAD!

Can you imagine the outrage on Faux news if this were reversed?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
01-07-2015, 07:57 AM
(30-06-2015 05:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-06-2015 05:13 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Lives in Oklahoma my whole life...my Facebook feed is blowing up with religious assholes flipping a lid.

The county that I worked for also has a 10 commandments statue up in front of the court house and are also in the works to build a 2 story sign inside the courtroom reading "In God We Trust" with every intention of funding via tax payer money.

They seriously want a theocracy. Is this not treason?

I think they believe they can steamroll Christianity into state institutions, but it keeps backfiring on them. The same thing happened with marriage equality in this state, it ended up being legal after their unconstitutional law was struck down.

Fundies can be their own worst enemy sometimes.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
01-07-2015, 02:30 PM
I, too, have lived in Oklahoma my whole life. Somehow, I'm an atheist liberal in a family of politically ignorant religitards, so when my mom saw that I "liked" the news post announcing this, she called me at work and cussed me out. I couldn't help but laugh, and said "Okay, mom, I'll talk to ya later then."
Both her and my dad were saying last night that they were thinking about deleting me off Facebook for my "damn liberal views". Just like most religious republicunts down here, they want the Oklahoma Supreme Court justices thrown out and want new ones to be "elected", because apparently these morons who always want to talk about the constitution (US, and state constitution), have never read the fucking thing. My timeline has been nothing but family members calling for the justices to be impeached, and saying that it's bullshit that it didn't go to a public vote. Like how stupid, right?
New rule: if you don't even know how a Supreme Court works, or what your state/country's constitution says, you get bitchslapped for every ignorant remark, twice if it's on Facebook.
01-07-2015, 02:37 PM
(01-07-2015 02:30 PM)EppurSiMuove Wrote:  I, too, have lived in Oklahoma my whole life. Somehow, I'm an atheist liberal in a family of politically ignorant religitards, so when my mom saw that I "liked" the news post announcing this, she called me at work and cussed me out. I couldn't help but laugh, and said "Okay, mom, I'll talk to ya later then."
Both her and my dad were saying last night that they were thinking about deleting me off Facebook for my "damn liberal views". Just like most religious republicunts down here, they want the Oklahoma Supreme Court justices thrown out and want new ones to be "elected", because apparently these morons who always want to talk about the constitution (US, and state constitution), have never read the fucking thing. My timeline has been nothing but family members calling for the justices to be impeached, and saying that it's bullshit that it didn't go to a public vote. Like how stupid, right?
New rule: if you don't even know how a Supreme Court works, or what your state/country's constitution says, you get bitchslapped for every ignorant remark, twice if it's on Facebook.

Interestingly, the US Supreme Court found that a similar monument on Texas State grounds was not unconstitutional under the US Constitution. The Oklahoma Supreme Court found it violated the Oklahoma Constitution. Instead of impeaching the judges why not just vote to change your State Constitution?

#sigh
01-07-2015, 02:43 PM
(01-07-2015 02:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 02:30 PM)EppurSiMuove Wrote:  I, too, have lived in Oklahoma my whole life. Somehow, I'm an atheist liberal in a family of politically ignorant religitards, so when my mom saw that I "liked" the news post announcing this, she called me at work and cussed me out. I couldn't help but laugh, and said "Okay, mom, I'll talk to ya later then."

Interestingly, the US Supreme Court found that a similar monument on Texas State grounds was not unconstitutional under the US Constitution. The Oklahoma Supreme Court found it violated the Oklahoma Constitution. Instead of impeaching the judges why not just vote to change your State Constitution?

That would be logical... That's why. Wink
[+] 2 users Like EppurSiMuove's post
01-07-2015, 03:52 PM
The one in Texas was left up because it was old. The one in ok had a lawsuit filed against it within months of going up.
01-07-2015, 03:59 PM
(30-06-2015 05:01 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  There is a rather sanctimonious group in OK that I work with, so this one is especially delicious. Big Grin

Next time you're with them, be sure to bring a vessel to catch their indignant-privileged-persecuted tears with. SO DELICIOUS!

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
01-07-2015, 06:17 PM
(01-07-2015 03:59 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(30-06-2015 05:01 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  There is a rather sanctimonious group in OK that I work with, so this one is especially delicious. Big Grin

Next time you're with them, be sure to bring a vessel to catch their indignant-privileged-persecuted tears with. SO DELICIOUS!

They're more the sniveling type than the crying type. Ptui! Gag!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?