10 fun misconceptions debunked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 08:38 PM
RE: 10 fun misconceptions debunked
(22-02-2012 05:11 AM)Aussie Wrote:  I love the spider myth, since it's assumed that regardless of living on the 20th floor of an inner city town house, you swollow the same number of spiders as those who live in log cabins in the wild.
The spiders occasionally like to remind me that they inhabit my house by streaking across the floor right in front of me in a thoroughly "OH SHIT WHAT THE FUCK" manner. The little bastards are too fast to catch and just love to do things like disappear into the closet with my backpacking gear. (Great, as if I wasn't worried about spiders in my pack enough already, I have to watch it happen in my own home.) So really I wouldn't be surprised if the malicious little gits are sacrificing themselves just for the sake of being creepy and disgusting.

Douchebags.
[/quote]

spiders are pretty cool animals. They're always ready to move. They don't seem to lounge around like dogs or cats do....able to be startled at any point. Their ability to disappear and appear at will is also cool! Perhaps our 8 legged cousins are more sinister in your area!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 10:06 PM
(23-02-2012 08:38 PM)Aussie Wrote:  
rook2004 Wrote:
(22-02-2012 05:11 AM)Aussie Wrote:  I love the spider myth, since it's assumed that regardless of living on the 20th floor of an inner city town house, you swollow the same number of spiders as those who live in log cabins in the wild.
The spiders occasionally like to remind me that they inhabit my house by streaking across the floor right in front of me in a thoroughly "OH SHIT WHAT THE FUCK" manner. The little bastards are too fast to catch and just love to do things like disappear into the closet with my backpacking gear. (Great, as if I wasn't worried about spiders in my pack enough already, I have to watch it happen in my own home.) So really I wouldn't be surprised if the malicious little gits are sacrificing themselves just for the sake of being creepy and disgusting.

Douchebags.

spiders are pretty cool animals. They're always ready to move. They don't seem to lounge around like dogs or cats do....able to be startled at any point. Their ability to disappear and appear at will is also cool! Perhaps our 8 legged cousins are more sinister in your area!

They climb on your ceiling and fall on you while you're in bed.
24-02-2012, 01:00 AM
(22-02-2012 11:36 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 11:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 11:26 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 09:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 07:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I live in Asia but I hadn't heard of it either.

The spidey one freaked me out a little!

DLJ's reaction to spiders:

I got a "image cannot be displayed" message only. Was the file too big or was it just filthy?

I'm not sure, but I'm still enjoying it! Big Grin

[Image: reverse-1239875359_cute_asian_chick.gif]

Can you describe it for me, I seem to be in a gif free zone

This isn't what the gif was, but I like this one better:

[Image: endosmomte4.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
24-02-2012, 01:17 AM
(24-02-2012 01:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 11:36 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 11:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 11:26 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 09:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  DLJ's reaction to spiders:

I got a "image cannot be displayed" message only. Was the file too big or was it just filthy?

I'm not sure, but I'm still enjoying it! Big Grin

Can you describe it for me, I seem to be in a gif free zone

This isn't what the gif was, but I like this one better:

Lovely. I bet everyone tells you that you take after your mum, right?
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-02-2012, 04:06 AM
Was it as good for you babe as it was for me?
[+] 1 user Likes Aussie's post
24-02-2012, 11:51 AM
I get the snow myth here all the time. So annoying. Also, about love. I try to explain the concept of adjectives to describe the noun, but 'a word is just so much cooler'! is usually the response. ha ha.