10 scariest states to be an atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2013, 06:32 PM
RE: 10 scariest states to be an atheist.
Texas is pretty varied, in the city I live in my friends don't care that I'm an a theist, but the older folks are near twits. (And the further south you get, the more churches you'll see. Like 3 every mile.)

I've never felt physically threatened, just inconvienced by the religious.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2013, 07:02 PM
(27-01-2013 01:00 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Ive written out the names of the 10 listed....
10: Pennsylvania...
Any of you live in any of these states? Does it live up to this list? Do you live somewhere not on the list that should be?
It depends where you live.

I'm sure I mentioned in another thread, I was sitting in a hospital waiting area last month and a large group of old men were ranting and raving about what "fools" atheists are. That's not the only time this has happened. I wouldn't say it's scary, but it was mighty hard to hold my tongue and not call them all fucktards right then and there. In any case, it wouldn't be tolerated if I, as an atheist, loudly made fun of Christians and called them stupid in the middle of a cancer/hematology waiting room.

Even when I lived in Pittsburgh I remember a lot of really dumb demonstrations downtown, like Christian groups handing out plastic fetuses to protest abortion, or holding up huge full color posters of miscarriages. It's mostly crap like that.

I also mentioned elsewhere that the Erie PA news actually interviewed me in 1997 because I was the only person in my town that wasn't Christian, and made a whole fabricated story of the town going to pot because of my nonbelief and called the sensationalized, terrible story "The Devil in Our Backyard." This implied that the devil made me do it, rather than just being the only reasonable person in the area.

My town has a church on every fucking street corner.

That being said, I think there are "scarier" places for atheists to live than PA..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2013, 10:39 PM
(27-01-2013 06:21 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Why is Rhode Island on that list?

Jessica Ahlquist's story.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user