10 tough questions for theists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2016, 07:57 PM
10 tough questions for theists.
I am trying to come up with 10 tough or long questions for theists to answer. These questions should leave in the extra wording no room for a theist to use common and basic text book answers like "because god wants a relationship" or because he's god etc etc answers.

I need a little help reworking how to ask these questions and I am having trouble coming up with a 10th answer. Each question is designed to have no easy answer, and to cover the basic logical fallacies of how most would answer it. No satire, commical or insulting questions either. So what do you think so far? Got a better question or a idea of how to word these better or idea for a 10th question?

1. How can we “objectively” see a difference between something that does not exist, and the god you believe in whom is separated from time and space and can never be observed or tested without equating events, existence to your god which would be a false cause fallacy, or making use of special pleading?

2. How can you possibly justify seeing a being whom infinitely tortures people for being born on the wrong side of the planet where Christianity doesn’t exist, believe in another deity they and their family has grown up with for generations or are an atheist as being the example of what ultimate good is?

3. If you are a creationist, have you ever once actually tried to study how science determines the age of rocks, what goes into the science itself, or any of the other mountains of science in the fields of biology, medicine, astronomy, geology, Astrophysics, Quantum Physics, and everything else that has even the slightest amount to do with science that has verified irrefutably that the universe is not 6-8000 years old and is in fact billions of years old and rely almost entirely on that being a fact or most of the science in those fields would collapse entirely?

4. If you are a creationist and answered the question above than, Without using special pleading, the bible, your faith, or the statement that evolution is not real science which is a false statement, tell me why you believe that the world is only 6-8000 years old.

5. Without using the god wants to have a relationship with us argument, why is it that I as an atheist should believe that he exists, be more important than not raping a woman, murder, stealing someone? According to most Christian faiths, believing is the only criteria and no matter what you do, as long as you believe that is how you get in as the bible is quite clear about this fact.

6. Are you aware that the first four commandments are all the same exact commandment? If god was omniscient, don’t you really think that after you were to read the commandments again without your bible glasses on, that you might see some problems with that list?

7. From a Christian standpoint, why do so many Christians hate Islam more than the other religions like Judaism and Shintoism and voodoo or Mithraism?

8. I actually want you to think about this for a good ten minutes. Doesn’t having an infinite afterlife make our finite life completely meaningless?

9. “If“you are one of the many majority of sects of Christianity that believes that Hitler is in Heaven because he repented for his crimes before committing suicide and that repenting and accepting Jesus is the only criteria for getting saved. Why don’t you murder and rape and steal and form an armed group of Christians to take over a nuclear missile silo and take it over and destroy the world? Or rape, then cook and eat babies in front of their parents, Repent and then kill yourself? If you can do all of that, repent with a few “oh please save me jesus I am sorry for I hath sinned” and then kill yourself and enjoy an infinite afterlife of endless joy and happiness while staring at the faces of all those you murdered or harmed as they look back at you knowing what you did to them and then you look down and see me in hell etc. Why don’t you do bad things or do any of that.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Shadow Fox's post
11-01-2016, 08:12 PM
RE: 10 tough questions for theists.
(11-01-2016 07:57 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  3. If you are a creationist, have you ever once actually tried to study how science determines the age of rocks, what goes into the science itself, or any of the other mountains of science in the fields of biology, medicine, astronomy, geology, Astrophysics, Quantum Physics, and everything else that has even the slightest amount to do with science that has verified irrefutably that the universe is not 6-8000 years old and is in fact billions of years old and rely almost entirely on that being a fact or most of the science in those fields would collapse entirely?

You might consider defining what you'd accept as "science". A person who has been taught that the stuff in the creation museum is "science" may not appreciate that their understanding isn't accepted by the real science community.

(11-01-2016 07:57 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  8. I actually want you to think about this for a good ten minutes. Doesn’t having an infinite afterlife make our finite life completely meaningless?

That's a great question!
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
11-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Are you doing this for a debate?

Because I don't know any theist that would even understand them, let alone answer these questions. To be honest I think they would still give the pat answers of goddidit, god and his mysterious ways, I don't know and no.

What is the purpose of the exercise?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
11-01-2016, 08:15 PM
(11-01-2016 07:57 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Doesn’t having an infinite afterlife make our finite life completely meaningless?

Yes. It dilutes it to even less than homeopathic levels.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-01-2016, 08:25 PM
(11-01-2016 08:13 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Are you doing this for a debate?

Because I don't know any theist that would even understand them, let alone answer these questions. To be honest I think they would still give the pat answers of goddidit, god and his mysterious ways, I don't know and no.

What is the purpose of the exercise?

actually, I am making this for a video for my channel as a question list of my own, and then sending it off to CARM, the list of questions I answered previously as well as much more popular youtube atheists like The Amazing Atheist and Aronra whom answered their list.

I made a list of 22 questions, but most of them were the same general fun questions we ask all the time. Nothing difficult or existential or difficult to answer outside of the goddunnit answers.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
11-01-2016, 08:39 PM
On number 9 aren't you basically asking why they don't do whatever they want?

They'll answer that they want to please god.

They'll also state that you'll go to hell if you kill yourself.

It might be better to state that making belief as the sole criteria for salvation from eternal punishment is the epitome of unjust doctrine.

Also providing eternal punishment for lack of belief serves no purpose and is the epitome of unjust doctrine.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
11-01-2016, 08:45 PM
(11-01-2016 08:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 07:57 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Doesn’t having an infinite afterlife make our finite life completely meaningless?

Yes. It dilutes it to even less than homeopathic levels.

Which will make this life infinitely meaningful, at that dilution! Smartass
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
11-01-2016, 08:46 PM
I'm incredibly tempted answer some of these because I love the philosophy of it all. If you want to hear what I'd say to these then I'd be happy to oblige, but on my own will, I simply don't feel like it right now haha. Good questions by the way, you'd make a lot of people really use their brains, if the felt so inclined to do so (read: if they have any) I don't think anybody would put as much time into their answer as you did your questions though...

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.
[+] 3 users Like Noric's post
11-01-2016, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016 09:28 PM by cactus.)
(11-01-2016 07:57 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  7. From a Christian standpoint, why do so many Christians hate Islam more than the other religions like Judaism and Shintoism and voodoo or Mithraism?
Edit: My knowledge on this is very rusty, but I think it had to do with this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umayyad_co...f_Hispania

Edit again: All of this stuff, too:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_o..._Peninsula

It's weird that I was never taught any of this in my high school world history class. Dodgy

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
11-01-2016, 10:33 PM
A. Fix your grammar. Most of your "whom"s should be "who"s, and don't end a sentence with an "is." As is, these are difficult to read.
B. Shorten your sentences. You're tying them in a giant knot by trying to put every possible condition in one sentence, leaving them difficult to read and understand. Set the conditions, then ask the question. No demerits for more than one sentence per question.
C. Also no demerits for 9 questions instead of 10. If you can't think of a tenth question, don't settle for something stupid just to have an even number of questions.

e.g.:
1. The God in whom you believe is separated from time and space and cannot be observed or tested. How can we objectively discern the difference between your God and something that does not exist without using the logical fallacy of special pleading?

Etc.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post