10-year old gets released y kidnapper after singing Gospel music.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: 10-year old gets released y kidnapper after singing Gospel music.
(27-04-2014 08:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 07:28 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Haha yeah he couldn't stand listening to gospel music and just let him go.

Wasn't there a novel about a boy that was kidnapped and was so annoying and bratty the kidnappers finally gave up and let the boy go? I can't remember the name of the book but it was kinda funny.

Hmmm never heard of it but thats highly possible lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2014, 08:46 PM
(27-04-2014 08:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 07:28 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Haha yeah he couldn't stand listening to gospel music and just let him go.

Wasn't there a novel about a boy that was kidnapped and was so annoying and bratty the kidnappers finally gave up and let the boy go? I can't remember the name of the book but it was kinda funny.

The Ransom of Red Chief. Great short story.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
27-04-2014, 10:35 PM
(27-04-2014 08:46 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 08:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Wasn't there a novel about a boy that was kidnapped and was so annoying and bratty the kidnappers finally gave up and let the boy go? I can't remember the name of the book but it was kinda funny.

The Ransom of Red Chief. Great short story.

Yes! That's the one. Here's a short synopsis from Wikipedia....

"Styling himself Red Chief, the brat proceeds to drive his captors to distraction with his unrelenting chatter, malicious pranks, and demands that they play wearying games with him. Desperate to be rid of the little terror, the kidnappers lower the ransom. The father, who knows his son well and realizes how intolerable he will be to his captors and how desirous they will soon be to rid themselves of the delinquent, rejects their demand and offers to take the boy off their hands only if they will pay him."

Apparently gospel songs work too. It's an old O Henry short story.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-04-2014, 10:09 AM
(27-04-2014 07:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 07:27 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Finally, religion put to some good use! Thumbsup

Lol never thought i'd hear anyone here say that

I didn't think I'd ever say it either. Tongue

I suppose the kid probably could have done the same thing by repeatedly singing Row Row Row Your Boat or some other song. Anything too many times can get on your nerves.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
28-04-2014, 10:12 AM
(28-04-2014 10:09 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 07:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Lol never thought i'd hear anyone here say that

I didn't think I'd ever say it either. Tongue

I suppose the kid probably could have done the same thing by repeatedly singing Row Row Row Your Boat or some other song. Anything too many times can get on your nerves.

If I were the kidnapper and he were to start singing songs by Journey or White Snake or Scorpions, I would have let him go and turned myself in lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-04-2014, 10:29 AM
I laughed for about two minutes straight after reading this Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
28-04-2014, 10:30 AM
(28-04-2014 10:29 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I laughed for about two minutes straight after reading this Laugh out load

Haha me too! I don't know who to feel sorry for, the kid, or the kidnapper.

28-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Am I the only one who's first thought was "Hasn't that idiot ever heard of duct tape?"

Now, despite my dislike of children, I'd never condone kidnapping, but seriously... That kid is tiny and a few feet of duct tape would have rendered him immobile and unable to make anything more than some muffled whines...

I suppose not much can be said for the intelligence and thoughtfulness of someone who's kidnapping plans involve driving around for 3 hours, but how much intelligence does it take to find a way to shut up a 10 year old?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
28-04-2014, 11:17 AM
(28-04-2014 10:43 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Am I the only one who's first thought was "Hasn't that idiot ever heard of duct tape?"

Now, despite my dislike of children, I'd never condone kidnapping, but seriously... That kid is tiny and a few feet of duct tape would have rendered him immobile and unable to make anything more than some muffled whines...

I suppose not much can be said for the intelligence and thoughtfulness of someone who's kidnapping plans involve driving around for 3 hours, but how much intelligence does it take to find a way to shut up a 10 year old?

Well at least now I know who to talk to if I ever need kidnapping advice.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-04-2014, 11:37 AM
(28-04-2014 11:17 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 10:43 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Am I the only one who's first thought was "Hasn't that idiot ever heard of duct tape?"

Well at least now I know who to talk to if I ever need kidnapping advice.

A few handy hints for you:

"Chloroform: Putting the "nap" back in kidnapping."

"Silence is golden, Duct tape is silver."

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post