100 bpm resting heart rate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Exclamation 100 bpm resting heart rate?
Is this normal?

A while back ago I tested my heart rate and it was 70 bpm (normal and healthy) but now when I test I get 100 bpm every time!

I have had a lot of caffeine and sugar today (and I am running a fever).

Should I be concerned about this? I'm only 14 (and frankly I'm obsessed with my health).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: 100 bpm resting heart rate?
(10-07-2013 09:07 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Is this normal?

A while back ago I tested my heart rate and it was 70 bpm (normal and healthy) but now when I test I get 100 bpm every time!

Should I be concerned about this? I'm only 14 (and frankly I'm obsessed with my health).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochondriasis

Just saying

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-07-2013, 09:13 PM
No it's not normal.
But the caffeine and the sugar, and for sure the fever can do it, easily.
Why do you have a fever ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Relax, rest yourself and drink a lot of water. Maybe you should slightly back off the tinker tea. Tongue
10-07-2013, 09:18 PM
(10-07-2013 09:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No it's not normal.

I'm not sure what is causing my fever. My mother's a nurse and she tells me that sometime people just run hot.

I also ate chinese buffet today so all of that sodium could be to blame.

I thought for the longest time that I had a slightly less severe form of meningitis (because I have pretty bad brain fog and lack of mental clarity) but I think it might be just because of my diet.

I have pretty high blood pressure so it could be causing a fever.
10-07-2013, 09:22 PM
(10-07-2013 09:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 09:07 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Is this normal?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochondriasis

Just saying

I know that I'm a hypochondriac, it's just who I am as a person.
10-07-2013, 09:22 PM
(10-07-2013 09:18 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 09:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No it's not normal.

I'm not sure what is causing my fever. My mother's a nurse and she tells me that sometime people just run hot.

I thought for the longest time that I had a slightly less severe form of meningitis (because I have pretty bad brain fog and lack of mental clarity) but I think it might be just because of my diet.

Well if it's really warm wherever you are, just do as Ferdy says and drink cold stuff. ... water, juice, and suck on ice. Sodium doesn't cause fever, and you don't have meningitis. You'd be very ill if you had that. High blood pressure doesn't cause fever. It it hot outside there ?

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-07-2013, 09:28 PM
(10-07-2013 09:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 09:18 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I'm not sure what is causing my fever. My mother's a nurse and she tells me that sometime people just run hot.

Well if it's really warm wherever you are, just do as Ferdy says and drink cold stuff. ... water, juice, and suck on ice. Sodium doesn't cause fever, and you don't have meningitis. You'd be very ill if you had that. High blood pressure doesn't cause fever. It it hot outside there ?

Yes pretty hot and humid, I'm drinking a lot of water now (like I always do) and I splashed some on my forehead (it usually helps when I have a fever to splash cold water on myself).

I don't know, the fast heart rate could just be because I'm leaning forward in my chair and bouncing my leg up and down.
10-07-2013, 09:33 PM
(10-07-2013 09:28 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 09:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well if it's really warm wherever you are, just do as Ferdy says and drink cold stuff. ... water, juice, and suck on ice. Sodium doesn't cause fever, and you don't have meningitis. You'd be very ill if you had that. High blood pressure doesn't cause fever. It it hot outside there ?

Yes pretty hot and humid, I'm drinking a lot of water now (like I always do) and I splashed some on my forehead (it usually helps when I have a fever to splash cold water on myself).

I don't know, the fast heart rate could just be because I'm leaning forward in my chair and bouncing my leg up and down.

Likely the caffeine + your age + the heat.
Some people are hypersensitive to caffeine.
Take it easy, sit in front of a fan.

11-07-2013, 02:07 AM
My heart rate used to concern me, as it rested at 80-85 throughout my teens and into early 20s. Then it started coming down significantly. I'm 27, and right now its resting at 56 bpm.

I had a girlfriend with tachycardia. Her heart rate never fell below 95... But she was also an anxious spaz... So theres that too.