100 bpm resting heart rate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2013, 04:24 AM
RE: 100 bpm resting heart rate?
Yeah, right, are you sure your mother is a nurse? There is no such thing as "sometime people just run hot". That is the way Creationists talk. If you are having a fever, that means you have some reaction in your body, infection, common cold, who knows what, but there is something, it's not just like that. Actually, the doctor knows what, if you cared to go and see him. Your mother (sorry to say it like this) does not sound very competent, or she just didn't want to bother explaining things to you.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2013, 04:29 AM
At your age you can have a slightly higher heart rate and it doesn't matter too much. 100 does sound a bit high and long term this would cause excessive stress on your body. It could be anxiety related. Allot of the symptoms you describe are physiological effects of anxiety.

Heart rate isn't the only thing to check. Blood pressure is very important also. Check your blood pressure, and lay off the caffeine man...

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
11-07-2013, 05:12 PM
You could just go to the doctor or ER and get checked out if you are that worried about it. Sometimes peace of mind is the best thing as anxiety and nervousness can worsen just about any symptom. But cutting out some salt, drinking decaffeinated beverages and substituting sugar with some sweetener can do you noting but good. Better yet drink a lot of water and lay off the sweet stuff for a bit and see how you feel once the initial WD passes.

"History teaches us that no other cause has brought more death than the word of god."
11-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Actually some of us do run hot. My normal temperature is 99.4. Has been for as long as I can remember. It's been documented at that temp for decades.

98.6 is a normal or an average not an absolute.

I tend to have very low blood pressure so things that increase BP have a faster and stronger effect on me. Antihistamines make me feel awful cause they jack my BP way beyond what most people experience...kind of a pain when you have faulty sinuses. It's not that it makes it too high if you look at the 'normal' BP but it's enough that I can tell. I also notice if I take in more caffeine than usual.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
11-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Just out of curiosity what was your blood pressure?

Some people do have different body temps,but they do need to be within a certain range to be healthy.

If your BP was anything over 150/100 go see a doctor.

As a fellow hypochondriac I understand, and their is a very good chance you are causing your bpm to rise by thinking about it.

White coat syndrome will also affect your heart rate. My doctor used to have to take my bp 3 times during a visit because it would always be high the second she mentioned taking it. By the end of the visit I'd be back down to normal.
11-07-2013, 06:04 PM
The dentist makes my BP skyrocket. Bastard...Hobo

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
11-07-2013, 07:50 PM
When I get sick, my temp goes down -> 95-96 F range. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
17-07-2013, 06:32 AM
(11-07-2013 05:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Actually some of us do run hot. My normal temperature is 99.4. Has been for as long as I can remember. It's been documented at that temp for decades.

98.6 is a normal or an average not an absolute.

I tend to have very low blood pressure so things that increase BP have a faster and stronger effect on me. Antihistamines make me feel awful cause they jack my BP way beyond what most people experience...kind of a pain when you have faulty sinuses. It's not that it makes it too high if you look at the 'normal' BP but it's enough that I can tell. I also notice if I take in more caffeine than usual.

Yes, but that is your normal temperature, it is not like you are just running hot, from time to time. That is NOT normal.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson