100 years in 10 minutes (video)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2012, 04:01 AM
100 years in 10 minutes (video)

A video I found while reading online newspapers. It's far from complete, but nice to watch. Reminds you what a peaceful, rational species we all are. Enjoy!

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
04-01-2012, 12:00 PM
RE: 100 years in 10 minutes (video)
Yes, we as a species are quite violent. However, with each passing generation, I see more understanding and acceptance. I do have hope for the future.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Science Believer's post
04-01-2012, 12:10 PM
(04-01-2012 12:00 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  Yes, we as a species are quite violent. However, with each passing generation, I see more understanding and acceptance. I do have hope for the future.

I like optimism - we need more of it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2012, 08:48 PM
I just wish we didn't have to kill a million people just to make one step forward.
Optimistic nonetheless.

No Gods Or Kings. Only Man.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EuclidsParadox?feature=mhee
15-08-2012, 09:38 PM
1911-2011 has certainly been one of if not thee most interesting time period in human history. Not my favorite but certainly the most interesting from a neutral perspective.

Not one but a second World War. Atom bombs. The Cold War and coming literally inches from complete world destruction a number of times. Complete shifts in world power from central Europe to USSR/USA and now moving to developing countries like China, India, Brazil. Massive civil rights gained all over the board. Computers, internet, minimization. Globalization. Rise of corporations. Depressions, recessions. Environmentalism. Just huge advancements in all areas of life.
No other period in time has that sort of thing in such a small time frame.

You study pretty much any other period in history, like perhaps the rise and fall of the Roman Empire and you're looking at multiply centuries. You look at a 10year time span in those periods of time and you find very little, though pick any 10years in the last century and you'll find something note-worthy.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.