1000 Muslims celebrate New Year in gang attacks on women in Germany

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2016, 07:20 PM
1000 Muslims celebrate New Year in gang attacks on women in Germany
That's not the actual headline, but it is the most succinct and accurate way to summarize this story :

Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35231046

Quote:The scale of the attacks on women at the city's central railway station has shocked Germany. About 1,000 drunk and aggressive young men were involved.
City police chief Wolfgang Albers called it "a completely new dimension of crime". The men were of Arab or North African appearance, he said. Women were also targeted in Hamburg. But the Cologne assaults - near the city's iconic cathedral - were the most serious, German media report. At least one woman was raped, and many were groped.
Most of the crimes reported to police were robberies. A volunteer policewoman was among those sexually molested.The pretty Christmas market and medieval setting may look idyllic, but at Christmas and New Year the area around Cologne Cathedral is a notorious danger zone when it comes to pickpockets and theft. Now the sexual harassment, and in one case rape, of dozens of women has shocked Germany. What is particularly disturbing is that the attacks appear to have been organised. Around 1,000 young men arrived in large groups, seemingly with the specific intention of carrying out attacks on women.

How can anyone hear of this and not come to the conclusion that Islam is utter trash if it leads to this kind of behavior? I hear a story like this and cannot help but recall a video clip of some Muslim preacher lecturing Dawkins about over-sexualized Western culture and how awful it is how we "dress our women". If there are any redeeming qualities of Islam, I have not yet seen them. Other religions have similar faults, but I cannot help but feel that Islam is a particularly wicked set of beliefs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like BryanS's post
07-01-2016, 07:42 AM
RE: 1000 Muslims celebrate New Year in gang attacks on women in Germany
Tis no surprise really. Many muslim men, especially those fuckers that come from some backword village that's under sharia law, tend to think that western women are all oversexed whores who are gagging for it. In some sexual assault cases here in Ireland such crap was used as a defence. Luckily the judge had no time for such nonsense and gave them the maximum sentence with a recommendation that the culprits are deported upon release.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 5 users Like Marozz's post
07-01-2016, 09:27 AM
As tragic as this is, it was expected to happen. If you look at the news reports' videos last july-september, around 80% of the migrants were young, single men - it was only a question of time when the volatile mixture of their sexual needs and culturally ingrained attitude towards women would explode. CDU politicians are already talking about deporting the offenders, and I agree wholeheartedly. In Norway and Denmark, refugees are already undergoing mandatory education about the sexual rules of western society - I somehow doubt it's more effective than it's funny in a Monty Python-esque way.
[+] 5 users Like Naridar's post
07-01-2016, 01:56 PM
That isn't the actual headline because it isn't what happened.

But who needs facts, right?

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
07-01-2016, 04:05 PM
(07-01-2016 01:56 PM)cjlr Wrote:  That isn't the actual headline because it isn't what happened.

It's not the headline because of a desire to not offend and to be politically correct. But in what way is it wrong? What facts in this article or elsewhere are you relying on to say this isn't what happened?
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
07-01-2016, 04:20 PM
(07-01-2016 04:05 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 01:56 PM)cjlr Wrote:  That isn't the actual headline because it isn't what happened.

It's not the headline because of a desire to not offend and to be politically correct. But in what way is it wrong? What facts in this article or elsewhere are you relying on to say this isn't what happened?

"Assholes in crowd use opportunity to grope and rob" - y'know, all that's actually substantively known here - is nonetheless a thing worth addressing. But that's not sexy enough for shock news value...

... this is my signature!
07-01-2016, 04:33 PM
(06-01-2016 07:20 PM)BryanS Wrote:  That's not the actual headline, but it is the most succinct and accurate way to summarize this story
But that would be like saying "1,000 brown eyed people celebrate New Year in gang attacks on women"

Was it their brown eye's that caused them to attack women? Are all brown eyed people motivated to attack women? Should we deport all brown eye'd people from our contries? or should we just lock them up now? Maybe we should create a civil war, non brown eyed people against the brown eyes?

Most Muslims have no interest in participating in gang attacks on women. My wife's best friend is a Muslim and she is a friendly, happy and peaceful lady. Doesn't want to blow herself up, doesn't want to kill infidels, doesn't want to attack women. Fancy that, a peaceful Muslim person. Shock horror!

(06-01-2016 07:20 PM)BryanS Wrote:  How can anyone hear of this and not come to the conclusion that Islam is utter trash if it leads to this kind of behavior?
My conclusion is that those people that participated in the gang attacks are trash people. But I am not about to paint all Muslims with this same brush.
07-01-2016, 07:41 PM
(07-01-2016 04:33 PM)Stevil Wrote:  But that would be like saying "1,000 brown eyed people celebrate New Year in gang attacks on women"

Was it their brown eye's that caused them to attack women? Are all brown eyed people motivated to attack women? Should we deport all brown eye'd people from our contries? or should we just lock them up now? Maybe we should create a civil war, non brown eyed people against the brown eyes?

Most Muslims have no interest in participating in gang attacks on women. My wife's best friend is a Muslim and she is a friendly, happy and peaceful lady. Doesn't want to blow herself up, doesn't want to kill infidels, doesn't want to attack women. Fancy that, a peaceful Muslim person. Shock horror!

Quote:My conclusion is that those people that participated in the gang attacks are trash people. But I am not about to paint all Muslims with this same brush.

I'm going to blame the behavior as a direct result of Islam. When a religion espouses a set of beliefs that result in this kind of behavior, then the faith deserves to be criticized. That is entirely appropriate.

And please point out where I called all Muslims trash. Your response to my criticism of Islam is precisely the kind of response Dawkins and Hitchens love to rail against. Why does Islam (or any religion) deserve a presumption of respectability? Why should we tolerate despicable behavior motivated by a medieval moral code, and then not attack that moral code? Just because you know some nice Muslims doesn't mean Islam isn't exactly what I called it--a wicked set of beliefs. [/quote][/i]

Islam is despicable.
Islam is backwards.
The world would be a better place without Islam.
07-01-2016, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 05:02 AM by Chas.)
(07-01-2016 07:41 PM)BryanS Wrote:  I'm going to blame the behavior as a direct result of Islam. When a religion espouses a set of beliefs that result in this kind of behavior, then the faith deserves to be criticized. That is entirely appropriate.

And please point out where I called all Muslims trash. Your response to my criticism of Islam is precisely the kind of response Dawkins and Hitchens love to rail against. Why does Islam (or any religion) deserve a presumption of respectability? Why should we tolerate despicable behavior motivated by a medieval moral code, and then not attack that moral code? Just because you know some nice Muslims doesn't mean Islam isn't exactly what I called it--a wicked set of beliefs.

Islam is despicable.
Islam is backwards.
The world would be a better place without Islam.

Except that nowhere in that article does it say anything about it being Muslims.

Are you just making that up? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Since it's only a certain psychologically unstable demographic that seems to use the backwards components of religious ideals to influence them into doing things like this, perhaps the solution is to require background checks for people wishing to become Muslims.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post