~1000 people injured in 10 ton meteorite crash.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2013, 09:34 AM
~1000 people injured in 10 ton meteorite crash.
It crashed in Russia.

This is pretty rare.

Story here.

It's actually pretty scary to think about... I mean... can you imagine seeing that coming towards you?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
15-02-2013, 09:37 AM
RE: ~1000 people injured in 10 ton meteorite crash.
The early bird gets the worm. But the second mouse gets the cheeze. Weeping
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oid?page=2

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-02-2013, 10:51 AM

.... crazy shit.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
15-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Damn! all my life waiting to see a meteorite falling and it happens in Russia... Sad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Jesus titty-fuck!

See, this is the sort of thing fervent prayer always ensured would never happen. Damn you Atheism! Damn you for ruining my delusional sense of security! Angry

Edit: Good to see that it was only "elderly women" who were claiming the world was coming to an end, though. Laughat

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2013, 11:09 AM
This makes me think, we're monitoring big armageddon-causing asteroids, but what about this smaller ones? they can cause a lot of damage and we're just sitting ducks, do you guys know of any defence system that could intercept these?

15-02-2013, 11:15 AM
(15-02-2013 11:09 AM)nach_in Wrote:  This makes me think, we're monitoring big armageddon-causing asteroids, but what about this smaller ones? they can cause a lot of damage and we're just sitting ducks, do you guys know of any defence system that could intercept these?
It always reminds me of the scene in Armageddon when the meteor showers start hitting cities as the asteroid gets closer. Each time someone mentions an asteroid being on a near-miss course with Earth, I immediately think of that movie.

Of course, the damage in the film was much to minor. If something like that really happened? Sheeeeit...... No

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2013, 11:23 AM
(15-02-2013 11:15 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 11:09 AM)nach_in Wrote:  This makes me think, we're monitoring big armageddon-causing asteroids, but what about this smaller ones? they can cause a lot of damage and we're just sitting ducks, do you guys know of any defence system that could intercept these?
It always reminds me of the scene in Armageddon when the meteor showers start hitting cities as the asteroid gets closer. Each time someone mentions an asteroid being on a near-miss course with Earth, I immediately think of that movie.

Of course, the damage in the film was much to minor. If something like that really happened? Sheeeeit...... No
I remember those mini asteroids too! those are the real threat imo, big rocks are really rare, but those smaller ones can kill a lot of people, if we take precautions against hurricanes and other disasters, we should do it for meteorites also, besided, it would be a good rehearsal for the bigger ones should they come

[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
15-02-2013, 11:27 AM
(15-02-2013 11:23 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 11:15 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  It always reminds me of the scene in Armageddon when the meteor showers start hitting cities as the asteroid gets closer. Each time someone mentions an asteroid being on a near-miss course with Earth, I immediately think of that movie.

I remember those mini asteroids too! those are the real threat imo, big rocks are really rare, but those smaller ones can kill a lot of people, if we take precautions against hurricanes and other disasters, we should do it for meteorites also, besided, it would be a good rehearsal for the bigger ones should they come
What types of precautions could someone take against a possible meteor that might hit the earth somewhere. For a hurricane, yes we can evacuate, board up windows...and whatever else people do in those areas...

It just seems to be me that this isn't easy...

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

15-02-2013, 11:32 AM
(15-02-2013 11:09 AM)nach_in Wrote:  do you guys know of any defence system that could intercept these?
[Image: pic_K_KID_cow.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 7 users Like Vera's post