~1000 people injured in 10 ton meteorite crash.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2013, 10:29 AM
RE: ~1000 people injured in 10 ton meteorite crash.
(16-02-2013 03:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: fucked_sign.jpg]
Just have to say that this picture with your signature go well together.

Just an outsider looking inn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2013, 11:16 AM
(15-02-2013 09:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It crashed in Russia.
This is pretty rare.
It's actually pretty scary to think about... I mean... can you imagine seeing that coming towards you?

Ha Kingsy - you boo head - unless you mean rare to be monstrously gigantic, these are not rare at all... shit falls from the sky all the time. Big Grin

But uh, yes; YIKES! - I'd be pissing pretty good if one was coming at me. I think the best thing to do would be to run in the direction it's coming from and slightly to the right, like when a train's coming at you - maybe the best chance but no time to think anyway. People have been hit by meteorites and survived. Usually, people have only been smacked by marble sized bits but they can still do some damage.

Once, a lady was reading in bed and an egg sized meteorite came through her roof and ceiling and broke her leg. Even if I had a limp for the rest of my life, I'd still just love it if that had happened to me. I'd keep my meteorite and affix it to the top of a beautifully carved walking stick. Thumbsup
Meteors usually come at an angle - kind of like a rock skidding on a lake. Only after the spectacular entrance into the atmosphere does the trajectory begin to drop off and it hits the ground. A lot of the time, there is a plow skid and then a crater while some, more or less, plop down when gravity becomes greater than momentum.

It appears most of this monster and it's bigger bits splashed into a lake which is fantastic!! Think of the skid and crater this thing would have left on the ground. Now, all they have to do is dig through a ton of silt to find a nicely cooled down specimen. I can't wait. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-02-2013, 11:23 AM
(16-02-2013 11:16 AM)kim Wrote:  
(15-02-2013 09:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It crashed in Russia.
This is pretty rare.
It's actually pretty scary to think about... I mean... can you imagine seeing that coming towards you?

Ha Kingsy - you boo head - unless you mean rare to be monstrously gigantic, these are not rare at all... shit falls from the sky all the time. Big Grin

But uh, yes; YIKES! - I'd be pissing pretty good if one was coming at me. I think the best thing to do would be to run in the direction it's coming from and slightly to the right, like when a train's coming at you - maybe the best chance but no time to think anyway. People have been hit by meteorites and survived. Usually, people have only been smacked by marble sized bits but they can still do some damage.

Once, a lady was reading in bed and an egg sized meteorite came through her roof and ceiling and broke her leg. Even if I had a limp for the rest of my life, I'd still just love it if that had happened to me. I'd keep my meteorite and affix it to the top of a beautifully carved walking stick. Thumbsup
Meteors usually come at an angle - kind of like a rock skidding on a lake. Only after the spectacular entrance into the atmosphere does the trajectory begin to drop off and it hits the ground. A lot of the time, there is a plow skid and then a crater while some, more or less, plop down when gravity becomes greater than momentum.

It appears most of this monster and it's bigger bits splashed into a lake which is fantastic!! Think of the skid and crater this thing would have left on the ground. Now, all they have to do is dig through a ton of silt to find a nicely cooled down specimen. I can't wait. Smile

I already went and found it. The largest piece is in our garage. Wanna buy a piece ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
16-02-2013, 11:26 AM
(16-02-2013 10:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 08:44 AM)Flowergurl Wrote:  Ugh I knew what was going to come when my Dad offered to drive me to my hair appointment thing. We got on the topic of the asteroid and then he went on to say that Russia is a very ungodly country and it must just be a sign of the times, like the Bible said. I held my tongue but refused to agree. I got so upset with him when he brought up the elementary school shootings being a part of God's judgment. He even asked, "Right?" and I just remained silent. Like, he was so lucky I didn't open my mouth because I would have said something I regretted. How can be people be so heartless? Sometimes, the most heartless people can be religious people.
Oh man. You're dad is lucky I'm not his daughter.

Those are the kinds of comments that bring out the nasty person in me. Saying someone/something/people/etc are suffering cause of god.... What the Censored is wrong with christians.
A christian said this to me a couple of days ago.
"Jesus does have power over Satan. Satan can't touch anyone on this earth without God's approval. He allowed Satan to do these things because if you never go through any tests then you'll never have a testimony."

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2013, 11:33 AM
(16-02-2013 11:23 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 11:16 AM)kim Wrote:  Ha Kingsy - you boo head - unless you mean rare to be monstrously gigantic, these are not rare at all... shit falls from the sky all the time. Big Grin

I already went and found it. The largest piece is in our garage. Wanna buy a piece ?

Does that come with a free bridge? Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post