• 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 05:14 PM
RE: 11-year-old brings gun to school
Merica, what a crazy country.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Hah, I live about 2 minutes away from that school.

If one parent armed their child, I have to think other parents are doing it too, this is just the kid who was dumb enough to get caught. Just as well, in about 7 years or so, he probably would have been the dumbass 18-year-old guy on the TV show COPS, running, drunk or high, stumbling with his pants around his knees, all the while clutching the stolen TV in his arms, while the cops and camera crew trot along behind him laughing at what an idiot he is.

Maybe this will cure him.

I have to admit, knowing that a bunch of elementary school kids are arming themselves to keep my town safe is rather comforting to me. I mean, I've seen Goonies, I know what kids that age can do when they put their mind to it.

Safer already.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
21-08-2013, 05:08 PM
I live in the in the middle of nowhere, where everyone's like "'Merica, %&#@ yeah!" They enjoy hunting, they love firearms. I don't see the appeal of the firearm. They go on and on about makes and models, and how much damage they can deal out, and I always ask them: "What do you need all that firepower for, anyway?" They go off about hunting, and "Da rite to bare guns." and don't seem to grasp that it's so unnecessary. I think violent video-games may be the problem. Pretty much every kid I know owns Call of Duty, and I'll admit that I even owned it. Fortunately, my Xbox 360 broke, and now I get to play Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, instead of shooting Russians and listening to Rock & Roll.
28-08-2013, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2013 12:56 PM by Hughsie.)
(21-08-2013 05:08 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  I live in the in the middle of nowhere, where everyone's like "'Merica, %&#@ yeah!" They enjoy hunting, they love firearms. I don't see the appeal of the firearm. They go on and on about makes and models, and how much damage they can deal out, and I always ask them: "What do you need all that firepower for, anyway?" They go off about hunting, and "Da rite to bare guns." and don't seem to grasp that it's so unnecessary. I think violent video-games may be the problem. Pretty much every kid I know owns Call of Duty, and I'll admit that I even owned it. Fortunately, my Xbox 360 broke, and now I get to play Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, instead of shooting Russians and listening to Rock & Roll.

I don't think video games are the problem. I think the problems are;

1) Grown men who are insecure in their masculinity and think guns will make up for their under-performing penis.

2) Grown men who enjoy owning and using guns and therefore will perform any necessary mental gymnastics to justify them.

3) Idiots who get a hard-on over buzzwords (such as "freedom" and "patriot") and associate guns with those words.

4) Retards who believe they should have the right to own anything because they are a responsible person but fail to grasp the total stupidity of the Government allowing anyone to own anything on an honour system.

5) Complete retards who think that one day they will be leading a guerilla force against the US Government because it has turned into a Liberal dictatorship and launched a war on "freedom".

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-08-2013, 03:21 PM
I love the annoyed, sarcastic "Pffft!" the female reporter let out at the end of the story. You could tell how irritated the story made both reporters.

(21-08-2013 05:08 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  I think violent video-games may be the problem. Pretty much every kid I know owns Call of Duty, and I'll admit that I even owned it. Fortunately, my Xbox 360 broke, and now I get to play Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, instead of shooting Russians and listening to Rock & Roll.

Violent video games are not the problem and have never been the problem. They'll never be the source or lead to a problem however. "Oh I killed this guy because I was influenced by Grand Theft Auto" is an excuse for a person's stupidity and lunacy.

(28-08-2013 12:52 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I don't think video games are the problem. I think the problems are;

1) Grown men who are insecure in their masculinity and think guns will make up for their under-performing penis.

2) Grown men who enjoy owning and using guns and therefore will perform any necessary mental gymnastics to justify them.

3) Idiots who get a hard-on over buzzwords (such as "freedom" and "patriot") and associate guns with those words.

4) Retards who believe they should have the right to own anything because they are a responsible person but fail to grasp the total stupidity of the Government allowing anyone to own anything on an honour system.

5) Complete retards who think that one day they will be leading a guerilla force against the US Government because it has turned into a Liberal dictatorship and launched a war on "freedom".

Guns don't necessarily make the man. I realize that people have their own attributes of hobbies and obsessions. And I think that's awesome, even if it's crazy, bizarrae or nonsensical to other people. Gun are a thing to some people and always will people, so instead of complaining Gun-Crazies or the overly-patriotic, realize that there are just people like that, and there always will be. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Those are simply things other people enjoy. However, believing you have the right to own anything is obviously built on the circumstance that everything must have a limit, and if you think you're ever going to lead a guerrilla force against the US Government, well, you're just a little slow (or a lot.)

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
28-08-2013, 03:30 PM
(28-08-2013 03:21 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Guns don't necessarily make the man. I realize that people have their own attributes of hobbies and obsessions. And I think that's awesome, even if it's crazy, bizarrae or nonsensical to other people. Gun are a thing to some people and always will people, so instead of complaining Gun-Crazies or the overly-patriotic, realize that there are just people like that, and there always will be. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Those are simply things other people enjoy. However, believing you have the right to own anything is obviously built on the circumstance that everything must have a limit, and if you think you're ever going to lead a guerrilla force against the US Government, well, you're just a little slow (or a lot.)

I'm not overly bothered by gun enthusiasts themselves. It's more people who let that viewpoint cloud their judgement that bothers me. I'm sure all those people who actually claim to believe that more guns = less gun crime wouldn't think that way if they weren't into guns. I'm not saying their lying about their views, I'm saying that they're deceiving themselves.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.