12/12/12

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2012, 03:29 PM
12/12/12
Today is the 12th day, of the 12th month, of the 2012th year, making it 12/12/12 when you write down the date. This won't happen again until another 100 years, when it is the year 2112. Be proud to live through such a historic day Cool

Apparently people do something very small to celebrate, but I did nothing because I forgot.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 03:32 PM
RE: 12/12/12
TWELFTH! Thumbsup

No wait - FIRST!

Weeping

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-12-2012, 03:39 PM
I held my breath at 12:12:12 on 12/12/12.
Nothing happened, except I coughed and got a little light-headed.
Lol Magoo.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-12-2012, 03:49 PM
I did buy a lottery ticket. I can't be sure, but I've only done that about a dozen times in my whole life.

So... that's got to be about the12th... on 12-12-12. That's got to get me a winning ticket, right? Or do I need to get 12 religious people to pray for me to win it? Consider I wouldn't be able to tell them I'm an Atheist, or they wouldn't pray sincerely. Fuckers.

Guess I'll just have the usual year end celebration. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-12-2012, 03:54 PM
(12-12-2012 03:49 PM)kim Wrote:  I did buy a lottery ticket. I can't be sure, but I've only done that about a dozen times in my whole life.

So... that's got to be about the12th... on 12-12-12. That's got to get me a winning ticket, right? Or do I need to get 12 religious people to pray for me to win it? Consider I wouldn't be able to tell them I'm an Atheist, or they wouldn't pray sincerely. Fuckers.

Guess I'll just have the usual year end celebration. Drinking Beverage
Sorry, you had to buy 12 tickets. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2012, 03:56 PM
I thought atheists weren't superstitious? Consider
[+] 3 users Like Magoo's post
12-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Lol Magoo.

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-12-2012, 04:26 PM
(12-12-2012 03:56 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I thought atheists weren't superstitious? Consider
Who told you that?

What are "atheists"? Are we a category of people who all have exactly identical beliefs and attitudes?

Stop putting me in a bucket with everyone else you think is exactly like me - we're all individuals with individual beliefs, individual rationality, individual skepticism, individual everything.

For the record, there is no rule at all that says "hey, if you wanna be an atheist you must certify that you are not superstitious". Not even any rule like that. So yeah, some are, some are not. There might be some truck drivers who scoff at silly superstitions too, but that doesn't mean all truck drivers aren't superstitious.

Oh, and yeah, I'm not superstitious. But that's just a coincidence. Or is it?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
12-12-2012, 04:32 PM
(12-12-2012 04:24 PM)kim Wrote:  Lol Magoo.
No, not funny. Even if he is totally joking, it's still not funny. There are way too many people who think all atheists are devil-worshiping, America-hating, Nazi, blind followers of the atheist religion, whatever that is. I'm certainly tired of everyone automatically assuming the worst of me when they discover that I'm an atheist. Even a bunch of people here, on this forum, have completely wrong ideas about how we all magically fit into some specific categories and we're all identically blindly believing in certain BS.

Very irritating.

No need to pour kerosene on the flaming idiocy, even jokingly.

Otherwise, don't mind me, I'm just overreacting to a huge (not a pet, not even close) peeve of mine.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
12-12-2012, 04:56 PM
(12-12-2012 04:32 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Otherwise, don't mind me, I'm just overreacting to a huge (not a pet, not even close) peeve of mine.
^^
This.
Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel