12 Angry Men

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2012, 02:46 PM
RE: 12 Angry Men
The first time I saw it, it was at a play at a theatre. I watched it 4 times (all the showings)--I was going to do that before I even knew what it was about (I just try to watch all performances.... it's just something I do). After I watched it the first time, I was looking forward to watching it again the next night, and the following weekend.

Then I watched the movie... I preferred the play version I saw, but at least the movie I can watch "whenever"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Man, it is such a good film.

[Image: opforum1.png]
22-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Great, great movie. First time I saw this was seventh grade, and I loved it then. Had to write a paper on it afterward, which made me like it slightly less. That old man is a badass.

Mario is f***ing real.
22-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Man... that was absolutely fantastic. Definitely something anyone and everyone should watch. It was amazing to me to see how the voice of reason can prevail. How people who are stubborn in their convictions can change their mind when presented with some reason.

It makes you wonder.... how many people have gone to court and how many jury members throughout time have been willing to not go through a reasonable doubt, really look at the facts and evidence and how many innocent people have been tossed away because of prejudice and assumptions.

Really fantastic watch.

A+++++ would watch again and again. Thank you so much for sharing.
08-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Ya I came across this film when I was messing around on imdb. Simple, yet amazing, with great meaning behind it. 10/10 as well.

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
28-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Where to begin with this film/play? It’s got everything you could want in a legal drama: social issues, gripping dialogue, conflicting reasoning, ACUTAL character insight and development, and most importantly an insightful and critical look at the criminal justice system. The 1950s version is still my favourite mainly due to the performance of the guy with the father/son issues; I thought he was by far the most dynamic and strangely sympathetic character.

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
28-07-2012, 05:42 PM
I first saw it back in the 80s. It entered (and has remained in) my personal Top 10 films. Such a great concept for a movie/story. And it has Henry Fonda.

I hadn't realised that they'd done a remake. That makes me sad. Great work should be left well alone.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user