12 Reasons Why The U.S. Is Not A Christian Nation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2012, 10:35 PM
RE: 12 Reasons Why The U.S. Is Not A Christian Nation
(13-05-2012 09:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You raised good points. Ok you've convinced me.
So the US is like its people, a sloppy Cristian nation?

Well, yes, I guess. It's a ... nation. Tongue Why they choose to do that particular affirmation about themselves is something I think about. It is group forming, and it's an unquestioned group to be labeled as a member of. (in the Anthro sense), and it does make them feel good. Whatever the reason is, it's the same reason that the politicians say "god bless us", (ie a. there is a god, b. I believe in him, c. he looks favorably on us, d. I can control him by my appelations...it's a way of situating themselves in the world, and making their listeners feel comfortable about their postions in it.) It really has NOTHING to do with Christ, or god. I used to think it was because it raised circulating beta-endorphin levels, but I think I was wrong about that...now I'm thinking maybe it raises dopamine levels. I need to start a thread, and see what the smarties think, and ask some neuro-phisiology types.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply