12 Reasons You Should Reject Mormonism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 06:38 PM
RE: 12 Reasons You Should Reject Mormonism
(15-01-2014 06:22 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 06:11 PM)Alla Wrote:  Most of the LDS know the history of the Prophet. They don't know all the details and facts. Nobody can know everything.

That seems to be some rather basic knowledge. Thats like not knowing who the first pope was if you are a catholic. "Nobody can know everything" is still an ignorance by choice. And its a ludicrous statement...
I agree that it would be ignorance by a choice. But most LDS people learn so many important things every day and have very busy lives so they have to make a priority.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 06:39 PM
(15-01-2014 06:25 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  One reason to reject mormonism:

1. Because it's wrong.
wrong about what?

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
15-01-2014, 06:58 PM
(15-01-2014 06:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 06:25 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  One reason to reject mormonism:

1. Because it's wrong.
wrong about what?

Theology and history. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-01-2014, 07:15 PM
(15-01-2014 06:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 06:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  wrong about what?

Theology and history. Drinking Beverage

Grammar and story composition as well.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-01-2014, 07:18 PM
(15-01-2014 07:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 06:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Theology and history. Drinking Beverage

Grammar and story composition as well.

Women and children, too.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-01-2014, 07:21 PM
(15-01-2014 07:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 07:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Grammar and story composition as well.

Women and children, too.

Oh and racial relations (though they have been half ass covering that up so the more liberal members can lie and say it never happened) and we can't forget the bigotry still espoused by the church in fighting equality.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-01-2014, 08:59 PM
(15-01-2014 07:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 07:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Women and children, too.

Oh and racial relations (though they have been half ass covering that up so the more liberal members can lie and say it never happened) and we can't forget the bigotry still espoused by the church in fighting equality.

I still remember my grandfather rambling on about the "coloreds" bearing the mark of Cain and turning white in heaven. Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes jaxx's post
15-01-2014, 09:14 PM
(15-01-2014 05:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  So most people have never heard of the history of the founder of their religion?

Not the trouble he got into as a teenager, no.

(15-01-2014 05:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I guess thats like Catholics not actually reading the bible.

No, not knowing obscure history of Joseph Smith's teenage years is not comparable to not reading your religion's sacred literature.

(15-01-2014 05:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Ignorance by choice is not anything to be proud of.

I agree, but should you be wagging your finger at these people when you evidently took trips to other cities to investigate this matter and still came away ignorant of the actual history?

(15-01-2014 05:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I don't appreciate your tone.

As long as you're an atheist on an atheist discussion board passing misinformed judgment on my religion and its members, you'll have to learn to deal with it.

(15-01-2014 05:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  If you don't want to answer the question, then don't answer it.

I would prefer if you would just take my word for it on matters related to Mormonism. It will save us all a lot of time.

(15-01-2014 05:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  No need for the pitiful condescension towards me. Since I have not shown you any malice or ill intent, I would appreciate the same consideration, especially since I'm just asking honest questions.

You flippantly dismissed my explanation of the situation, which I don't find to be particularly honest or innocent.

(15-01-2014 05:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You will get a lot farther with people if you treat them as your intellectual peers....Drinking Beverage

We're on a discussion board where I have been repeatedly and directly accused of having mental handicaps and psychological disorders. We're on a discussion board where I am routinely called ignorant about religion and its secular study despite me being the only person here of whom I'm aware that actually has multiple advanced degrees in the field of religious studies. We're on a discussion board where my integrity, my honesty, and my understanding of the natural world is impugned and derided on a daily basis. We're on a website where you have admitted you have no real exposure to Mormonism or its members, but are presuming to explain to me the actual and true history of my religious heritage. And in spite of all this, you're complaining that I'm being condescending to you?

My Blog
[+] 4 users Like maklelan's post
15-01-2014, 09:22 PM
(15-01-2014 06:14 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Don't bother buddy he's a certified condescending prick.

I guess that I should be flattered that on an atheist discussion board ostensibly full of educated atheists who know better than the unwashed religious hoi polloi, the only real complaint that all the atheists have about me is that I condescend to them and it hurts their feelings.

If all you emotional adolescents are really going to post so frequently here about how stupid, uneducated, deluded, and intellectually handicapped all us knuckle-dragging theists are, and then cry like a little girl with a skinned knee every time someone points out your naivety without holding your hand and stroking your hair, you really need to grow the hell up.

My Blog
[+] 2 users Like maklelan's post
15-01-2014, 09:31 PM
So translation: I am arrogant and condescending because I have supposed advanced degrees in religious studies and all you heathen atheists should yield to my "authoritai" and don't bother me with trivial questions. Yet, I shall remain on this forum so the nature of Jesus may shine bright through my self-righteousness and douchebaggery.

Disengage people.

Fwiw, as a former lds, I have never come across an asshole such as this before or after deconversion. 99% of them are pretty awesome and caring people in my experience. I have remained close friends with many.
[+] 1 user Likes jaxx's post