12 Reasons You Should Reject Mormonism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2014, 09:29 AM
RE: 12 Reasons You Should Reject Mormonism
(17-01-2014 09:05 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Chippy. Who else?
Well, check his rep page. Shy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2014, 09:29 AM
(17-01-2014 09:13 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  If the point of Mormonism is to arrive at the truth, yet the BoM, is not: 1) historically accurate and therefore not historically reliable; and 2) it's not literal, literal in truth and literal in meaning, then what follows is that faith is an unreliable method for reaching the truth.
Faith is NOT based only on the book/books.
LDS/Mormons have LIVING prophets. And we have gift of the Holy Ghost besides our books.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
17-01-2014, 09:31 AM
(17-01-2014 09:29 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 09:13 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  If the point of Mormonism is to arrive at the truth, yet the BoM, is not: 1) historically accurate and therefore not historically reliable; and 2) it's not literal, literal in truth and literal in meaning, then what follows is that faith is an unreliable method for reaching the truth.
Faith is NOT based only on the book/books.
LDS/Mormons have LIVING prophets. And we have gift of the Holy Ghost besides our books.

And Wicca has Witches- some equal to definition of prophet.. And they have paranormal entities they work with all the time.

Sounds batshit crazy huh?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
17-01-2014, 09:32 AM
(17-01-2014 09:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 09:05 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Chippy. Who else?
Well, check his rep page. Shy

Chippy is not coward. He can stand against the pack. He disagrees with my believes but he is fair. I respect him for this.
P.S.

17-01-2014, 09:33 AM
(17-01-2014 09:31 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 09:29 AM)Alla Wrote:  Faith is NOT based only on the book/books.

And Wicca has Witches- some equal to definition of prophet.. And they have paranormal entities they work with all the time.

So? what does it have to do with my point that I was making?

17-01-2014, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2014 09:46 AM by Vosur.)
(17-01-2014 09:32 AM)Alla Wrote:  Chippy is not coward. He can stand against the pack. He disagrees with my believes but he is fair. I respect him for this.
Huh? What does this have to do with my post? Unsure

Edit: I think you misunderstood what I wrote; my response to Cathym was an answer to his question. The entries on maklelan's rep page indicate that Chippy is not the only one who supports him.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
17-01-2014, 09:43 AM
(17-01-2014 09:33 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 09:31 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  And Wicca has Witches- some equal to definition of prophet.. And they have paranormal entities they work with all the time.

So? what does it have to do with my point that I was making?

Really - you didn't get that?
Ok........ sorry

I was showing the ridiculousness of what you said by showing how another religion can make the same claim. A religion - no doubt - to which you give very little credibility - Wicca.
Soooo
That's how many here feel when you talk, Alla. You spew words that have no meaning. None. Just word spewing doesn't prove anything. It doesn't Inspire anything. It makes nothing happen.

I gave you your own words back to you - using Wicca. You should be able to put two and two together, Alla. I seriously thought if you had a reference you'd find ridiculous you'd be able to "get it".

sorry

17-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Wait
Wait

Time out

Chippy's fan club are a bunch of rabid (Mormon) proselytizing theists?

I'd be happy about that if I didn't actually like the guy. OMG but that IS rich!!! Could we please have a moment of silent prayer for Chippy that he may not loose his way.

You may return to your regularly scheduled non-debate with theism-spouting Mormots.

17-01-2014, 09:49 AM
(17-01-2014 09:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 09:32 AM)Alla Wrote:  Chippy is not coward. He can stand against the pack. He disagrees with my believes but he is fair. I respect him for this.
Huh? What does this have to do with my post? Unsure

Edit: I think you misunderstood what I wrote; my response to Cathym was an answer to his question. The entries on maklelan's rep page indicate that Chippy is not the only one who supports him.
I know it has nothing to do with your post. Sorry for using it to make my statement.
Smile

17-01-2014, 09:54 AM

(17-01-2014 09:43 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  That's how many here feel when you talk, Alla. You spew words that have no meaning. None. Just word spewing doesn't prove anything. It doesn't Inspire anything. It makes nothing happen.
you know what others feel?

Yes, it looks like we don't understand each other.