12 Year Old Fatally Shot by Police (in Ohio)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2014, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 06:10 PM by Deidre32.)
12 Year Old Fatally Shot by Police (in Ohio)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...78700.html

Another tragic story. Now, in truth, the child was brandishing what looked to be a firearm. In this day and age, I can understand the cops being contacted, and arriving on the scene. But, what is interesting to note is that the 911 Dispatcher asked twice if the person brandishing what appeared to be a weapon of some type, was white or black.

From the article itself:

The 911 responder twice asked whether the boy was black or white before dispatching officers.

Why would that piece of info be relevant before dispatching police to the scene? Hmmm...

Think we all know that answer.

Just thought I'd post this up here, in case you'd like to discuss. What a senseless tragedy Sad

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: 12 Year Old Fatally Shot by Police (in Ohio)
Protocol for dispatch.

For example, "205, domestic in progress at Walmart. be advised there is a white female, about 25, brown hair, wearing a pink hoodie, with a box cutter." Or something of that nature...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 8 users Like Nurse's post
24-11-2014, 06:18 PM
(24-11-2014 06:13 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Protocol for dispatch.

For example, "205, domestic in progress at Walmart. be advised there is a white female, about 25, brown hair, wearing a pink hoodie, with a box cutter." Or something of that nature...

Be kind of silly if they had been sent without a description and then harassed some black kids when it was a white boy who had the weapon.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
24-11-2014, 06:28 PM
And this is why I hate cops.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-11-2014, 06:46 PM
(24-11-2014 06:28 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  And this is why I hate cops.

Would you hate them if it had been a white kid with a real gun? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-11-2014, 06:46 PM

Dodgy

And may you never find yourself in a crisis where their assistance is necessary.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
24-11-2014, 07:32 PM
(24-11-2014 06:13 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Protocol for dispatch.

I appreciate this feedback, because that very well could be how it all played out. I also realize that police have a terribly difficult job. Every time they are called to action, it may be a situation that costs them their very lives. It just seems tragic that this kid at the end of the day, was wielding a ''toy'' (albeit realistic looking) gun, and lost his life. I look forward to more details coming forth, a main one being...did the cop do everything he could to find out if the gun was fake? Did he do everything he could to prevent this tragedy?

Sitting from where I am reading this, of course...it's easy to make a snap judgment. The media sometimes fills in or leaves out details ...deliberately, to sensationalize a case. But, at the end of the day...a 12 yr old lost his life, and I can't help but wonder what could have transpired differently once the police arrived, in order for this tragedy to have been prevented. And I also can't help but wonder, how much race played in the decision to fatally shoot him. I'm not one to leap to those conclusions, but we keep seeing this in the news. :/

Just sucks.

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
24-11-2014, 07:34 PM

Hai Zeke...I'm just curious as to why you say that. No judgment, just curious.

24-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Quote: Every time they are called to action, it may be a situation that costs them their very lives.

Then they should quit and take a job with less risk. Shooting anyone they fucking feel like and then claiming they were "threatened" is getting to be old bullshit.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
24-11-2014, 07:58 PM
(24-11-2014 07:48 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote: Every time they are called to action, it may be a situation that costs them their very lives.

Then they should quit and take a job with less risk. Shooting anyone they fucking feel like and then claiming they were "threatened" is getting to be old bullshit.

Can't say I disagree. It just seems to be happening more and more. If these were isolated incidents, I'd think differently. They don't seem so isolated anymore. Having said that, the gun looked incredibly realistic, but I can't help but wonder if there was something the cop could have done better to have alleviated the need to shoot? Or fatally shoot.

The problem with all of these types of cases, is it seems like the public never really knows the full story, at the end of the day. Even the George Zimmerman case had holes in it, and yet he was acquitted. So, idk anymore. Sad