12 Year Old Fatally Shot by Police (in Ohio)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 01:27 PM
RE: 12 Year Old Fatally Shot by Police (in Ohio)
(25-11-2014 01:22 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 01:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So far I have not yet one good cop, I know they exist, but not in jersey.

I don't even know where to start with the ignorance of your statements in this thread.

Go do a ride along with some officers and see the work they do to serve and protect the public. Gain some perspective.

Definitely. Cops are people like me or you. From the few you meet (on a bad day, maybe) and the few on the news that act improperly, you blanket every officer serving the law as a bad apple.

Of course, I do think there is a problem with police brutality in this country, but it does not mean police officers are bad.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2014, 01:31 PM
(25-11-2014 01:27 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 01:22 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I don't even know where to start with the ignorance of your statements in this thread.

Go do a ride along with some officers and see the work they do to serve and protect the public. Gain some perspective.

Definitely. Cops are people like me or you. From the few you meet (on a bad day, maybe) and the few on the news that act improperly, you blanket every officer serving the law as a bad apple.

Of course, I do think there is a problem with police brutality in this country, but it does not mean police officers are bad.

It is like the part when I said I know they exist was irrelevant in the fact that I stated I know good cops exist.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-11-2014, 01:31 PM
(25-11-2014 01:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 01:22 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I don't even know where to start with the ignorance of your statements in this thread.

Why would I want to drive with a cop?

I will have to cool down before I reply again.

While I do that, think about the parallel between the statements "and this is why I hate cops," "this is why I hate black people" and generalizations and hatred of entire groups of people. Btw, I'm 99.9% positive earmuffs statement was tongue in cheek to make this point.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
25-11-2014, 01:32 PM
And in this instance, police officers DID apply too much force. It is slightly understandable due to the fact the plastic gun shown was not apparently a toy bb gun (missing the orange cap, markers, or muzzle they usually have), but still, IT'S A KID, and they had knowledge beforehand that the gun may have been a toy.
25-11-2014, 01:34 PM
(25-11-2014 01:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 01:27 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Definitely. Cops are people like me or you. From the few you meet (on a bad day, maybe) and the few on the news that act improperly, you blanket every officer serving the law as a bad apple.

It is like the part when I said I know they exist was irrelevant in the fact that I stated I know good cops exist.

And yet you said, "This is why I hate cops." You essentially said that this shooting is representative of police officers.
25-11-2014, 01:35 PM
(25-11-2014 01:34 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 01:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  It is like the part when I said I know they exist was irrelevant in the fact that I stated I know good cops exist.

And yet you said, "This is why I hate cops." You essentially said that this shooting is representative of police officers.

Yeah I do hate cops, but I also know not all cops are like this. I hate that some cops get away with shit cause they where a badge.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-11-2014, 01:52 PM
(25-11-2014 01:31 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 01:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Why would I want to drive with a cop?

I will have to cool down before I reply again.

While I do that, think about the parallel between the statements "and this is why I hate cops," "this is why I hate black people" and generalizations and hatred of entire groups of people. Btw, I'm 99.9% positive earmuffs statement was tongue in cheek to make this point.

The only thing I must say to that is that you can choose to be a cop, but you can't choose to be black. I can't sit down and go welp I am not black , but you can quit being a cop. So one is not a choice and the other one is, saying hating blacks is hating someone who could not help it, cops can help it. And I ain't dragging this out I stop here with this from now on lets talk about this issue.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
25-11-2014, 04:49 PM
(25-11-2014 01:34 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 01:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  It is like the part when I said I know they exist was irrelevant in the fact that I stated I know good cops exist.

12 yos kill people with guns, it happens, often.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
25-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Re: RE: 12 Year Old Fatally Shot by Police (in Ohio)
(25-11-2014 01:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Disclaimer: I don't hate gay people, or black people, or cops.

What about gay black cops?
25-11-2014, 09:12 PM
(25-11-2014 01:52 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 01:31 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I will have to cool down before I reply again.

The only thing I must say to that is that you can choose to be a cop, but you can't choose to be black. I can't sit down and go welp I am not black , but you can quit being a cop. So one is not a choice and the other one is, saying hating blacks is hating someone who could not help it, cops can help it. And I ain't dragging this out I stop here with this from now on lets talk about this issue.

What if I want to be a cop because i want to do good? Does that give people an incentive to automatically hate me because I become a cop? That doesn't seem fair that would be willing to put my life on the line for people who want to spam hate comments at me because they think im a bad cop.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post