12 Year Old Fatally Shot by Police (in Ohio)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: 12 Year Old Fatally Shot by Police (in Ohio)
http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/11/vi...g-toy-gun/

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2014, 03:49 PM
(26-11-2014 02:10 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/11/vi...g-toy-gun/

They didn't wait because the kid was reaching for the gun and they didn't know at the time that it was not real. As soon as the officer pointed his gun at the child, the child should have put his hands in the air.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
26-11-2014, 06:20 PM
(26-11-2014 12:35 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  What's sadly interesting, is that many people I've discussed this with, whether online or offline, seem to feel that the cop was justified. An adult cop is justified in taking the life of a 12 yr old kid, who was waving around a toy gun. His only option was to fatally shoot a child? It is interesting how many people blame the kid (for his own death), and defend the police officer. If any of us were in the cop's shoes, we'd be up on charges. The cop should have used greater discretion, imho. I know that the police have a tough job, but to me, this child's death could have been avoided.

Toy gun:
[Image: 2274027_Beretta_92_GBB.jpg]

Real gun:
[Image: 2786.jpg]

If you remove the orange tip, they are nearly identical.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Especially from a distance and it's being waved around.

fun fact: gun shaped lighters are banned in Singapore.

[Image: oscar.png]
26-11-2014, 06:47 PM
(26-11-2014 03:49 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 02:10 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/11/vi...g-toy-gun/

They didn't wait because the kid was reaching for the gun and they didn't know at the time that it was not real. As soon as the officer pointed his gun at the child, the child should have put his hands in the air.

There's no audio with the video but it doesn't look like the kid was given enough time to even react to any orders. Not even to drop the gun.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-11-2014, 06:51 PM
(26-11-2014 06:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 03:49 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  They didn't wait because the kid was reaching for the gun and they didn't know at the time that it was not real. As soon as the officer pointed his gun at the child, the child should have put his hands in the air.

There's no audio with the video but it doesn't look like the kid was given enough time to even react to any orders. Not even to drop the gun.

Yes, I thought this, too.

What crime was this child committing? This realistic looking toy gun is apparently legally sold here in the states, so....guess I'm missing what crime he was committing?

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
26-11-2014, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 07:18 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-11-2014 06:51 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  What crime was this child committing? This realistic looking toy gun is apparently legally sold here in the states, so....guess I'm missing what crime he was committing?

Ohio is an open-carry State, so even if it was a real gun, none. I put the blame on the trainer cop here. He obviously had not properly trained the rookie and it was him driving the vehicle over aggressively.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-11-2014, 06:59 PM
(26-11-2014 06:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There's no audio with the video but it doesn't look like the kid was given enough time to even react to any orders. Not even to drop the gun.

Wow. Is it just me or does it look like they rode in like fucking cowboys, the passenger cop pert near tucking and rolling out of the door as he blasted away?

Why in the hell wouldn't they approach the situation a bit more cautiously? Why did they have to pull up right to him at such a high rate of speed?

Looks a little fucked up to me, a bit different than the descriptions of what happened in the articles I've seen....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Re: RE: 12 Year Old Fatally Shot by Police (in Ohio)
(25-11-2014 05:18 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  What about gay black cops?

I couldn't help but think of this guy.
[Image: 7a7b1706f04a28ce43770a4f387f4efa.jpg]
26-11-2014, 07:37 PM
(26-11-2014 06:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 06:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There's no audio with the video but it doesn't look like the kid was given enough time to even react to any orders. Not even to drop the gun.

Wow. Is it just me or does it look like they rode in like fucking cowboys, the passenger cop pert near tucking and rolling out of the door as he blasted away?

Why in the hell wouldn't they approach the situation a bit more cautiously? Why did they have to pull up right to him at such a high rate of speed?

Looks a little fucked up to me, a bit different than the descriptions of what happened in the articles I've seen....

They got a 911 call saying someone was at a park waving a gun. They have to take that sort of thing very seriously, so they went in prepared. If they side with caution on a call like that, it could cost lives.

Sucks it turned out the way it did though.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta