28-07-2011, 04:45 PM

12 reasons why giving up Judaism has improved my life
1) Being able to eat whatever I want
2) Being able to get more work done on the Shabbas
3) Being able to learn about science
4) Being able to get a girlfriend
5) Being able to watch movies
6) Being able to support gay marriage
7) No more crappy yeshivas (Jewish schools)
8) No more worrying about pleasing God
9) No more guilt by not pleasing God
10) No more praying
11) No more fasting
12) No more *hitty holidays.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like FormorJew's post
28-07-2011, 10:41 PM
RE: 12 reasons why giving up Judaism has improved my life
13) No more silly hats?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
29-07-2011, 02:49 AM
hoorah.

Logic > Thin air (God).
26-10-2011, 05:17 AM
I'm also Jewish, and think the theology and restrictions are absolutely ridiculous, and am pretty secular, aside from my one little restriction of not eating pig.

This restriction, which is grounded in nothingness, is something I keep as a connection to my community and to my upbringing, so basically for purely sentimental reasons. But despite how liberating giving up certain aspects can be, Judaism is also my family heritage, and keeping a small connection is enriching for my individuality.

In some ways, being a part of something (cultural not religious) can be nice. Unless you're totally libertarian and believe that total freedom will make you happier. If that's the case, please stay away from society Smile
[+] 1 user Likes needlr's post
27-10-2011, 03:39 PM
(26-10-2011 05:17 AM)needlr Wrote:  I'm also Jewish, and think the theology and restrictions are absolutely ridiculous, and am pretty secular, aside from my one little restriction of not eating pig.

This restriction, which is grounded in nothingness, is something I keep as a connection to my community and to my upbringing, so basically for purely sentimental reasons. But despite how liberating giving up certain aspects can be, Judaism is also my family heritage, and keeping a small connection is enriching for my individuality.

In some ways, being a part of something (cultural not religious) can be nice. Unless you're totally libertarian and believe that total freedom will make you happier. If that's the case, please stay away from society Smile

Asking us to stay away from your community brings a smile to my face, A very evil smile full of terrible thoughts and plans that are all intended to achieve "Maximum Fun". I like having fun. Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eZw0Bk_DLA

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!