12 year old Akiane Kramarik paintings of heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2012, 10:02 AM
RE: 12 year old Akiane Kramarik paintings of heaven.
(12-03-2012 09:42 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  So where did she really see this stuff? Just from culture in her home town? Grandma? Because her Jesus is so the same to all the Jesus pictures, so obviously it entered her head at some point in a very vivid way at a young age. I like to debunk the things said like "She just knew".

Of course we are aware. Her parents must be retarded though. It's impossible to go your entire life in the US and not ever see a picture or painting of what people think Jesus looks like.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
12-03-2012, 10:25 AM
(12-03-2012 10:02 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(12-03-2012 09:42 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  So where did she really see this stuff? Just from culture in her home town? Grandma? Because her Jesus is so the same to all the Jesus pictures, so obviously it entered her head at some point in a very vivid way at a young age. I like to debunk the things said like "She just knew".

Of course we are aware. Her parents must be retarded though. It's impossible to go your entire life in the US and not ever see a picture or painting of what people think Jesus looks like.

Totally- I guess I am just wondering why she is so intense about it. Maybe it's just the talent that makes it seem intense though.
12-03-2012, 10:27 AM
(12-03-2012 10:25 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(12-03-2012 10:02 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

Totally- I guess I am just wondering why she is so intense about it. Maybe it's just the talent that makes it seem intense though.

Probably played up to be more religious than it is for the sake of publicity.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
12-03-2012, 06:19 PM
This pisses me off. What a way to ruin a child born with talents and gifts. To convince her that god (the christian one) chose her and her alone to be gifted is infuriating. Imagine the weight that would place on you. I was the "artistic" one in my family and that label hung around my neck like an albatross when I was a young adult trying to find my way. I thought I was destined to be great, but then in the real world, nobody thought me special. Now imagine that weight with almighty God sitting atop you...frig me.

I do not accept for one minute that she came up with that mindset all her own. I can get the art thing, some people are born with this ability, and there are tremendously talented autistic folks, young prodigies and more. But to suggest that she was divinely inspired, all while isolated from Jesus nuts...I call hogwash! She is a walking, breathing version of the Jesus toast hoax. An elaborate backstory for whackos to justify their beliefs.

Oh, and the art is decent, but awfully literal. Step outside the Jesus box Akiane, you might find your true gifts.

JM2C,

Shawn

Shameless self-promotion:
Atheist T-Shirts from the Atheist-Monkey T-Shirt Company
12-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Art? No.
Kitschy illustration. Yes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  It's been a year... kingschosen 29 457 13-07-2014 08:44 AM
Last Post: kim
  Things you didn't think you'd be saying, a year ago... DLJ 85 1,313 29-03-2014 02:20 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
  1 year Revenant77x 50 528 21-03-2014 05:43 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
  Happy Lunar New Year! DLJ 6 171 31-01-2014 05:19 PM
Last Post: Cardinal Smurf
  1 Year. Hobbitgirl 18 343 08-01-2014 12:00 PM
Last Post: Dark Light
  Happy New Year Chas 37 461 03-01-2014 06:26 AM
Last Post: Vosur
  Happy New Year! Dark Light 7 152 02-01-2014 05:31 AM
Last Post: Juv