1247 Reasons Christianity is False

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2016, 02:39 PM
1247 Reasons Christianity is False
I found this website while surfing the internet today. Thought I'd post it. Some of you may object to the historical Jesus aspect of this but overall it's a pretty good, if extensive, list.

I haven't read through the whole thing yet but so far I particularly liked this paragraph.

Christianity can be understood to endorse a spectacularly cruel and senseless outcome of how certain people are judged. All one has to assume is that Hitler, a Catholic by birth, understood the gravity of his sins and confessed them to Jesus before committing suicide. According to Christian doctrine, he was awarded entry into heaven with this simple act. On the other hand, the 6,000,000 Jews that he condemned to death, and who by default failed to accept Christ, were sent to Hell. The image of Anne Frank writhing in pain while Adolf enjoys a latte presents a stark visual that there is something seriously wrong with Christian doctrine.

http://www.kyroot.com/

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-07-2016, 03:02 PM
RE: 1247 Reasons Christianity is False
I prefer quality over quantity myself. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
25-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the link, it will be fun to peruse this list when I have the time. I agree that one paragraph is powerful and simple to understand. I find myself explaining the immorality of the Christian concept of salvation to a lot to people who only want to believe that Jesus really loves you and all that fluffy good time bullshit but how can you be happy in Heaven knowing so many innocents are suffering needlessly? It just doesn't make any sense logically or emotionally.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
25-07-2016, 03:50 PM
(25-07-2016 03:25 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Thanks for the link, it will be fun to peruse this list when I have the time. I agree that one paragraph is powerful and simple to understand. I find myself explaining the immorality of the Christian concept of salvation to a lot to people who only want to believe that Jesus really loves you and all that fluffy good time bullshit but how can you be happy in Heaven knowing so many innocents are suffering needlessly? It just doesn't make any sense logically or emotionally.

The concept of someone like Jeffrey Dahmer who killed and dismembered 17 young men and who converted to christianity prior to being murdered in prison, that he is supposedly in heaven alongside some of his victims is sickening. Ick.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
25-07-2016, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2016 04:23 PM by cactus.)
[Image: original.jpg]

I only need one piece of evidence to disregard Christianity: Mormonism and even Scien-fucking-tology still have followers.
Since humans are capable of performing such amazing feats of ignorance, that especially does not bode well for the claim of Biblical inerrancy.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
25-07-2016, 04:59 PM
(25-07-2016 03:25 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Thanks for the link, it will be fun to peruse this list when I have the time. I agree that one paragraph is powerful and simple to understand. I find myself explaining the immorality of the Christian concept of salvation to a lot to people who only want to believe that Jesus really loves you and all that fluffy good time bullshit but how can you be happy in Heaven knowing so many innocents are suffering needlessly? It just doesn't make any sense logically or emotionally.

I find especially repulsive the passage in one of the Gospels where the inhabitants of Heaven were looking across the gulf at those suffering in Hell and enjoying that spectacle and the pleading of one resident of Hell pleading for a bit of water and being refused!. As far as I am concerned that one scene form the New Testament is enuff to make me not be interested in getting to Heaven.
25-07-2016, 06:30 PM
This seems to be a living list that grows even as we speak. You quoted it as 1247 and it said 1248 when I opened it and now it is 1249. Mackerals all the time!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
25-07-2016, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2016 08:16 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(25-07-2016 02:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  confessed them to Jesus before committing suicide.

Considering Hitler's "bones" that Russia had, ended up belonging to a woman...gonna call "citation needed" on how anyone knows Hitler confessed his sins to God and begged for forgiveness for them before committing suicide (interestingly this is the only claim of the first 10 listed without some form of documentation). Also that example cites conflicting ideologies, as they go the Protestant Once Saved Always Saved deathbed confession, but make sure to point out Hitler was born into a Catholic family.

Looking at it from a Catholic perspective, Hitler would be trying to operate off presumption, even if his attempt to Confess to God was made. Because he'd be seeking forgiveness with full foreknowledge that he was going to off himself and he was scared of Hell, not because he genuinely desired forgiveness. The suicide itself probably wouldn't be a "mortal" sin though, because that requires three constituent parts: grave matter, full knowledge of the gravity of the action, and full and free consent to the action. Considering Soviet troops are barreling down on the bunker's location, the war is being lost, gruesome fates possibly await...there's no way the third criterion is met, because the full consent is mitigated by the psychological state; especially if we go by the the "High Hitler" theory that gets floated about sometimes. (I did look and couldn't find anything about Hitler accepting Christ in his final moments, but could be wrong.)

Now the latter half when they go into Bundy...still kinda awkward. He was raised Methodist, became a Mormon, was excommunicated from the LDS Church. Now, looking around, it seems he did pray the night before his death, quite a bit with a Methodist minister. Interestingly for both these men from the example on the list, the Mormons have re-baptized them after death!

Sadly though, if we're operating from the mainline Christian Protestant theology that the list seemed to for the first 15 that I read through, the Bill Gates example also in that item of the list is spot on. Sad

Edit: On some of the others, like the Evil Nature of God one, they seem to pull numbers out of thin air in a column labeled "Number killed per the Bible" and link to verses with no hard numbers. Things like the documentation about early Christians being uneducated and superstitious mostly, seem to have more weight as it were, because it can and is backed with what appears to be solid facts.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user