17 and confused

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2013, 09:43 PM
17 and confused
I'm 17 years old and have been atheist for about 3 years. I've been dating my boyfriend for a year now and he is very active in his christian faith. have any advice for me on how to I guess in a way "deal" with our differences?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: 17 and confused
Handle it the same you would if you were two different religions. You accept each other and not try to change the other person.

Who knows, he might have his doubts. Being active in a church doesn't mean much, really.

Now if he says things that make you feel bad or want to hide who you are....that's different.

In any event Hug

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Try to find the boundaries of that particular topic in your relationship, and depending on the reaction when one toes that line, adjust accordingly. Love the person, not his beliefs. If I may suggest, always be true to yourself. But compromise when necessary. Shy

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
18-07-2013, 08:58 AM
(18-07-2013 08:47 AM)ivaneus Wrote:  always be true to yourself. But compromise when necessary

er... Huh

Anyway. If it's becoming an issue... best is to talk it over with him, IMO.
18-07-2013, 09:05 AM
(18-07-2013 08:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-07-2013 08:47 AM)ivaneus Wrote:  always be true to yourself. But compromise when necessary

er... Huh

Anyway. If it's becoming an issue... best is to talk it over with him, IMO.

Sorry. I just realized that was fence sitting at it's best. Laughat Allow me to bust the fence.

To the OP: Given the choice, always be true to yourself. When all is said and done, You are in charge of your life. Nobody else. Cool

morondog: Better? Big Grin

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes ivaneus's post