18 now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2013, 10:30 PM
18 now
Okay, as I post it it's actually still the 17th, but I'm 18 in about 4 more hours.
It feels so weird, to be truthful. I'm still going through highschool (I graduate in 2015, but with my associates degree) and it just feels so weird. I never thought I'd end up here, nor am I sure at what I want to do.
I've been thinking about being a US history professor (college level, fuck the kids) since I really do like history, but take art classes so I can keep up with my art.
Me and my mother haven't really gotten along in the past 5 years, and it's really starting to show. (I'm already making plans to move out of state as soon as I graduate so I can be with my girlfriend, whom she doesn't know about so I can also attend a college up there, possibly. ) I also don't want to leave my cat, my mom won't let me take her to Florida if I do move, but I don't want to leave her with her because she often yells at the cat and kicks her sometimes. Sassy has been my comfort for years now, I just don't know what to do.
Despite nearing my last days of "teenhood" (I'm still gonna post in the teens thread since I still have to deal with highschoolers btw) she's still clingy. I mean, I know mothers are but she doesn't seem to really understand how much I don't like it and how much quicker it's gonna drive me away.

Meh, just me rambling as I study for quizzes, and before I head off to bed. Don't mind me. Drinking Beverage

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: 18 now
Don't ask for the Cat, just take it.
You should make a strong effort to reconnect with your mum before you leave, walk a mile in her shoes etc.
If you already have then make peace as best you can.
Mums can take it really bad when the last bird leaves the nest, I still feel guilty about how I left mine.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
17-11-2013, 10:51 PM
@sporehux: Truthfully, I don't know how. Talking with her is awkward as she leads the conversation to either God or a different subject which I don't want to go about here. I just don't know how to fix it.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
17-11-2013, 10:54 PM
In this time zone you are already 18.

Happy Birthday, RT.

Smile

17-11-2013, 10:58 PM
[Image: papergc,441x415,w,ffffff.2.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
17-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Not a fan of cats, but I understand your dilemma. Take the cat with you, if you know it will benefit nore from you than from your mother.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
10-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Whoa, you posted on MY birthday.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
11-12-2013, 02:28 AM
(10-12-2013 07:44 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Whoa, you posted on MY birthday.

They came, they saw and acknowledged
Some good, some bad
Opinion: Dangerous
11-12-2013, 02:30 AM
Wait a second.

This section actually got used?!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
11-12-2013, 03:56 AM
I've been there. I remember feeling like an era was coming to an end when I turned 20. I'll probably have an early mid-life crisis when I turn 30, now that I'm thinking about it. Wink

Just try to remember to always think ahead instead of doing what is convenient for X or Y moment. And try to talk to your mom!

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days