1984 - best book ever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2016, 03:14 AM
RE: 1984 - best book ever
1984 is the best anticlerical book ever.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2016, 04:10 AM
(15-05-2016 06:22 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The public's willful acceptance (after a brief period of outrage) of the total global surveillance network suggests that we have collectively decided not to heed Orwell's warnings. It will only get worse from here on out.

It was meant as a warning, but some people read it and thought "yeah, that's a great idea..."

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
11-06-2016, 05:47 AM
Trump is what Orwell warned about with both 1984 and Animal Farm. The double speak of 1984 and the demagoguery of Animal Farm "4 legs good 2 legs bad".

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2016, 02:28 AM
Orwell was much too harsh towards Gandhi and spot on towards Tolstoy.
16-07-2016, 06:18 AM
That and Orwell's Animal Farm are very good warnings for society and especially the press as to what can happen without government watchdogs. But seems like the GOP thought those were playbooks, not warnings.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2016, 03:15 PM
1984's world, where freedom of speech is oppressed, still remains relevant in our modern political struggles. With political correctness being a thing, we're forced to stand up for our right to speak our mind or become frightful slaves to those who determine what is and isn't allowed to say/think/do.

With Youtube's, "heroes" going around mass-flagging videos that are, 'offensive'.
With Facebook deleting accounts that have the wrong opinion and Twitter as well.

How far before we go full 1984? When I was Christian I thought humanity was an affliction on the rock we call earth. Now I'm Atheist and my opinion hasn't changed.

.....................Good book though. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Cumulus's post
11-10-2016, 03:37 PM
(11-10-2016 03:15 PM)Cumulus Wrote:  1984's world, where freedom of speech is oppressed, still remains relevant in our modern political struggles. With political correctness being a thing, we're forced to stand up for our right to speak our mind or become frightful slaves to those who determine what is and isn't allowed to say/think/do.

With Youtube's, "heroes" going around mass-flagging videos that are, 'offensive'.
With Facebook deleting accounts that have the wrong opinion and Twitter as well.

How far before we go full 1984? When I was Christian I thought humanity was an affliction on the rock we call earth. Now I'm Atheist and my opinion hasn't changed.

.....................Good book though. Smile

Dear God a world without internet trolls. Terrifying thought.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-10-2016, 03:35 AM
It's certainly an interesting book.